The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

UEA or Newcastle

So, im planning to do international year 1 in Marketing(or business still deciding), but im stuck between them because they both seem amazing, but I did do foundation in Newcastle and my experience wasn;t that great with classmates and teachers and stuff, but should I like give Newcastle another shot?
Original post by Wwaka
So, im planning to do international year 1 in Marketing(or business still deciding), but im stuck between them because they both seem amazing, but I did do foundation in Newcastle and my experience wasn;t that great with classmates and teachers and stuff, but should I like give Newcastle another shot?

I'd stick with Newcastle if you prefer a more recognised university.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
I'd stick with Newcastle if you prefer a more recognised university.

Having gained my MA from Newcastle and with my wife having read a B-Ed at the UEA, her master's from Newcastle in which she is now pursuing her PhD, I think I can make a fair comment about both institutions. I'd disagree that the Newcastle is 'more recognised'. This comment may be correct during the 90s, and at a stretch, the early 2000s, as UEA is a plate-glass. However, it has had ample time to established a reputation for itself since it's foundation, and have some very much world-leading research programmes, climate research for one.
Original post by Wwaka

Hi Wwaka,

It's great to hear you're interested in studying Marketing (or Business) with us :smile: We understand deciding between universities can be a big task and whilst the decision is ultimately yours to make, we may be able to help you out along the way.

Our business school is an excellent place to study. We're part of an elite group of business schools with a first-class reputation for academic excellence, high graduate employability and a "triple crown" accreditation. "Triple Crown" means we are recognised by three professional accreditations which allows our graduates to stand out and drive a change in the world of business. Not only are we recognised globally but we are the gateway to Newcastle Helix, a £350m global centre for urban innovation with cutting-edge facilities in a world Top 100 student city*. You can learn more about why to choose Newcastle Business School here: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/business/about/.

Beyond facilities and reputation however, why don't you ask our current students just what they think about Newcastle University? You can chat to them via our Unibuddy platform here: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/study/contact/unibuddy/. Ask them anything about studying at our Business School, living in Newcastle as a city and much much more :smile:

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions, you can always get in touch with our Business School direct at https://www.ncl.ac.uk/business/about/contact/.

Best of luck with the incoming programme!

- Laura
Original post by chaotic1328
Having gained my MA from Newcastle and with my wife having read a B-Ed at the UEA, her master's from Newcastle in which she is now pursuing her PhD, I think I can make a fair comment about both institutions. I'd disagree that the Newcastle is 'more recognised'. This comment may be correct during the 90s, and at a stretch, the early 2000s, as UEA is a plate-glass. However, it has had ample time to established a reputation for itself since it's foundation, and have some very much world-leading research programmes, climate research for one.

Get your point but if you want a more recognised uni then it's Newcastle - it's a Russell Group for starters.
Get your point but if you want a more recognised uni then it's Newcastle - it's a Russell Group for starters.

Why is a Russell Group institution automatically more 'recognised'? The RG is not some recognition of research excellence accredited by an independent body, but merely a group of self-selected universities joining up together to fight for a bigger slice of research funding pie.
Original post by chaotic1328
Why is a Russell Group institution automatically more 'recognised'? The RG is not some recognition of research excellence accredited by an independent body, but merely a group of self-selected universities joining up together to fight for a bigger slice of research funding pie.

Agree. But it's fact.
Agree. But it's fact.

A good piece of advice given to me during my undergrad years was always to be wary of anyone who is so sure of their facts that they do not even try to justify their 'facts'...
I'd agree that it is true though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending