The Student Room Group

Is sex even gonna be allowed in uni halls

Is sex even gonna be allowed in uni halls with the pandemic, will uni's be enforcing it?
I hoooooaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaahhhhhhhhpppse so.
Get in a relationship problem solved
Original post by Interea
Uni halls will have to follow exactly the same rules as the rest of the country, and I'm not sure you can socially distance if you're having sex... Saying that, they're not going to be watching you 24/7, but it'd be a bit selfish to put others at risk unnecessarily by not distancing properly.

The one exception would be people in your household (i.e. your flatmates) but for your own sake please don't sleep with your flatmates, rarely ends well :lol:

Nothing more to be said I think!!
If you're in a relationship, probably. Otherwise no (although you shouldn't be anyway).
Original post by Anonymous
Get in a relationship problem solved

though in saying this, how is this viable seeing as you can't really make physical contact with someone you're dating if you don't live with them and they're not in your bubble?
Original post by yzanne
though in saying this, how is this viable seeing as you can't really make physical contact with someone you're dating if you don't live with them and they're not in your bubble?

It's better than sleeping around surely or at least get a **** buddy or hook up on tinder with someone outside the uni
Original post by yzanne

Can you not date and get to know someone without sex?
There’s plenty of places to go
Original post by Sammylou40
Can you not date and get to know someone without sex?
There’s plenty of places to go

of course you can, but for many couples, i think it's an inevitable end? even holding hands or kissing wouldn't be allowed if they're not in your bubble.
Original post by Interea
The government actually snuck in a new FAQ recently saying you can have contact with a partner in an "established relationship" if you're both taking precautions, doesn't seem to fit with the rest of their guidance though...

oh interesting! i'm not in a couple, but good to know. it does sound a little confusing still, you're right :redface:
Definitely not in the hallways!
Reply 11
This us gonna be funny all the ones who are desperate for sex and not being able to get any especially girls won't be able to put themselves around
Original post by yzanne
of course you can, but for many couples, i think it's an inevitable end? even holding hands or kissing wouldn't be allowed if they're not in your bubble.

It’s an end, sure. But a relationship stands a better chance of success if you spend time getting to know each other properly first.

prsom! i'll give it a read. :yep:
Original post by Sammylou40
It’s an end, sure. But a relationship stands a better chance of success if you spend time getting to know each other properly first.

of course :yep:

i'm only talking about developments of a relationship (upon the foundations that you first build without physical contact necessarily)
Reply 14

A fantastic bit of obfuscation with zero useful advice. They know it’s pointless now to try to ban hanky-panky but have no ideas what do suggest to reduce risk. A period of post bonking quarantine is all I can think it means. Yeah, right..

Quick Reply

Latest