The Student Room Group

MOT fear

Anyone else get this? That feeling that you're just never going to see/drive your car again? :tongue:

Taking mine in tomorrow and i'm..worried. I'm really stretching the definition of 'secure & no sharp edges' here, as I have essentially built a wing out of duct tape, like it's got no sharp edges in the same way play-doh has no sharp edges :tongue:

Still having bearing trouble in a front wheel, likely need new rear tyres and got an intermittent lighting fault, and that's just what I know about...

I'm not going to see my car again, am I? :colonhash:

Scroll to see replies

It didn't... until you brought it up. :shifty: Taking mine in on 22nd.
ohdear.jpg

Looks fine, right? Tis but a scratch. :tongue:
Original post by StriderHort
ohdear.jpg

Looks fine, right? Tis but a scratch. :tongue:

Looks terrible.
Original post by RedGiant
Looks terrible.

I know, that's why they'll be all the more impressed with the tape...
Reply 5
Yup, I suffer from this every year. Mine's on Thursday :frown:
Reply 6
Anyone else get this? That feeling that you're just never going to see/drive your car again? :tongue:

Taking mine in tomorrow and i'm..worried. I'm really stretching the definition of 'secure & no sharp edges' here, as I have essentially built a wing out of duct tape, like it's got no sharp edges in the same way play-doh has no sharp edges :tongue:

Still having bearing trouble in a front wheel, likely need new rear tyres and got an intermittent lighting fault, and that's just what I know about...

I'm not going to see my car again, am I? :colonhash:

Yup, every year I worry knowing fine well that there's nothing wrong. Sails through every time.

If it weren't already obvious, I look after my car :laugh:
Original post by IWMTom
Yup, every year I worry knowing fine well that there's nothing wrong. Sails through every time.

If it weren't already obvious, I look after my car :laugh:

Here I look after mine just fine when i'm not reversing it out of driveways in a careless hurry!

Like I've not fixed it right, but it knows i'm proper sorry :colonhash:
Reply 8
Here I look after mine just fine when i'm not reversing it out of driveways in a careless hurry!

Like I've not fixed it right, but it knows i'm proper sorry :colonhash:

At least tie some rope around it!
Original post by IWMTom
At least tie some rope around it!

It has tape! it's fx*king good tape btw, it took a chunk out one of my teeth ripping it.

totes fine.jpg
Reply 10
It has tape! it's fx*king good tape btw, it took a chunk out one of my teeth ripping it.

totes fine.jpg

Why didn't you share that to begin with?! Perfect repair! Can't see a thing!
Original post by IWMTom
Why didn't you share that to begin with?! Perfect repair! Can't see a thing!

I said all this in the first post, although the 1st image was shared more for comedic effect.:tongue: (as well, tape aside, that's what i'll still need to fix down the line) I was recently quoted about £400 + parts by some sheepskin jacket clad spiv local bugger :colonhash:

Literally I was slightly careless backing out a drive and it caught and ripped the wing in the worst possible way, already replaced the tyre and indicator I wrecked at the time :redface:
Reply 12
I said all this in the first post, although the 1st image was shared more for comedic effect.:tongue: (as well, tape aside, that's what i'll still need to fix down the line) I was recently quoted about £400 + parts by some sheepskin jacket clad spiv local bugger :colonhash:

Literally I was slightly careless backing out a drive and it caught and ripped the wing in the worst possible way, already replaced the tyre and indicator I wrecked at the time :redface:

Write off mate. Get a new car.
Reply 13
Bondo it lad, even a shite job will make it look better.
My first is in Dec, and it's gonna be bad; I'll be surprised if it passes; but even if it doesn't I'd have the advisorys fixed - I am expecting it to be things like brakes. I've driven my car hard for the 3 years I've owned it thusfar.

But that's also a good thing, because means I'll get a lot of work done to bring the car up to scratch that I probably wouldn't do otherwise if it wasn't due an MOT.
Original post by maeger
Bondo it lad, even a shite job will make it look better.

Bondo what to what tho? :tongue: I had bought all the mesh, filler, putty, rust treatment, paints ect, for the arches at least. But I've really just ran out of time and the rain hasn't helped, I'm happy to spend more time/money down the line sorting it properly, but for now just need it on the road. (TBH I think that wing has just had it, the rust/weakness is possibly too bad even for filling, same with the bumper...broken in so many different places i'm almost certainly better finding another one)
It's been left with the garage now anyway, due to be tested within the hour ... proper dreading my phone going now :tongue:/:frown:
Reply 17
It's been left with the garage now anyway, due to be tested within the hour ... proper dreading my phone going now :tongue:/:frown:

The fact you haven't been here in 7 hours unnerves me. What happened?
Original post by IWMTom
The fact you haven't been here in 7 hours unnerves me. What happened?

They kept me in suspense! I'd dropped it off at 8am and they got round to testing it at like 4:59. I've been pacing like an expectant and shallow father all day, just got it home now.

Better than I thought, 2 majors for an exhaust clamp and loose headlight (due to my scrape) and adv for the front arms/bushes and rear tyre wear. £50 to clamp/weld the exhaust and ill take it back for it's bushes on Sat.
Reply 19
They kept me in suspense! I'd dropped it off at 8am and they got round to testing it at like 4:59. I've been pacing like an expectant and shallow father all day, just got it home now.

Better than I thought, 2 majors for an exhaust clamp and loose headlight (due to my scrape) and adv for the front arms/bushes and rear tyre wear. £50 to clamp/weld the exhaust and ill take it back for it's bushes on Sat.

Woohoo!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending