The Student Room Group

BTEC Autumn Assessment

Do BTEC students who finished their course this summer get to do further assignments to improve their grades (the way some A Level students are taking autumn exams)??

Scroll to see replies

You can retake exams but not in the autumn. The resit window is next January. You cannot redo assignment coursework units.
Reply 2
Original post by bamtutor
You can retake exams but not in the autumn. The resit window is next January. You cannot redo assignment coursework units.

Could we not get fresh assignments to improve our grades?
Original post by curly123x

No as it would be outside the 15 working days allowed. Also the grades you were given would have been calculated by your teachers with the Head of department and Quality managers to ensure that everyone were given the grades they were worthy of. This would have been done based on your previous assignments / work attitude / meeting deadlines / achieving Distinctions on your first attempt etc.

It has just been agreed that learners can now redo new assignments for units that were awarded by CAGs. Full instructions on now this will work should be released to schools in the next week or two.
Reply 5
It has just been agreed that learners can now redo new assignments for units that were awarded by CAGs. Full instructions on now this will work should be released to schools in the next week or two.

Really!? Does this apply to second year BTEC students too?? And could we do this while starting uni or would we have to take a year out??
(edited 3 years ago)
Really!? Does this apply to second year BTEC students too?? And could we do this while starting uni or would we have to take a year out??

Good question! Im sure it would apply to both years but we will have to wait to see what the policy says when released (not sure when, but as soon as I see it, I will post here). However, it will be up to your teachers to mark them and so they may have their own rules regarding students who have left. Additionally, it would add a lot to your workload if you were doing assignments at the same time as Uni work, so if you don't need a higher grade, it might not be worth the extra effort.
Reply 7
Good question! Im sure it would apply to both years but we will have to wait to see what the policy says when released (not sure when, but as soon as I see it, I will post here). However, it will be up to your teachers to mark them and so they may have their own rules regarding students who have left. Additionally, it would add a lot to your workload if you were doing assignments at the same time as Uni work, so if you don't need a higher grade, it might not be worth the extra effort.

Ah ok... I think I might email my lecturer tomorrow to ask about it!

Would he know about this whole thing and how it’ll work yet? And is it possible that he could just say no if I asked to re do some units?

Or would it be mandatory for them to let us do this the way all schools have to make it possible for A Level students to do autumn exams?

Thanks for the info btw!
(edited 3 years ago)
Ah ok... I think I might email my lecturer tomorrow to ask about it!

Would he know about this whole thing and how it’ll work yet? And is it possible that he could just say no if I asked to re do some units?

Or would it be mandatory for them to let us do this the way all schools have to make it possible for A Level students to do autumn exams?

Thanks for the info btw!

He might not know yet as the full details haven't been released to schools.
Not sure if Mandatory yet.
Reply 9
He might not know yet as the full details haven't been released to schools.
Not sure if Mandatory yet.

Ah right... btw not to be nosey but how do you know all this info? Do you work for Pearson/Edexcel??
I am a Lead SV for Pearson (I visit schools and colleges and meet with the Quality nominee and Lead IVs to check they are following the rules and meeting standards. I also advise and answers any queries from staff regarding BTEC policies).
Reply 11
I am a Lead SV for Pearson (I visit schools and colleges and meet with the Quality nominee and Lead IVs to check they are following the rules and meeting standards. I also advise and answers any queries from staff regarding BTEC policies).

Wow! So you really do have all the inside info 😅

I will probably keep coming on this thread to ask about stuff till it’s all confirmed, thanks in advance haha
Reply 12

Is there anymore new info regarding this issue?
Reply 14

So would I be right in thinking I need to go back into college in the coming week to speak to my tutors about it? Thanks for all the help btw!
Reply 15
Is there anymore new info regarding this issue?

Would the schools/colleges have received all the relevant info by now?
Would the schools/colleges have received all the relevant info by now?

They should have, but it might not have filtered down to all teachers
Reply 17

Ahh I see... I’ll in next week once I recover from this horrible flu 🤧🤒!

Thanks btw!
Reply 18

I have emailed my lecturer and I’m currently awaiting a response...

Out of curiosity though, would a lecturer actually be allowed to just refuse a student who wanted to do the reassessment?

Thanks for all the help btw 🙏🏽
I have emailed my lecturer and I’m currently awaiting a response...

Out of curiosity though, would a lecturer actually be allowed to just refuse a student who wanted to do the reassessment?

Thanks for all the help btw 🙏🏽

If you have finished the course and they have already claimed certificates from Pearson and therefore closed your registration then they could refuse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending