The Student Room Group

Frustrated

I'm just really frustrated with myself. I feel like nothing is changing no matter how hard I try. I tried to exercise today, but I only managed a few minutes of jogging. I'm not getting any taller, I'm not getting slimmer(especially my legs:frown:) and I can never get enough sleep. I feel gross because I didn't wash my hair today. My genetics are just bad. Why am I seeing no change?
Reply 1
:bump:
It's about regularity.
Reply 3
What do you mean?
damn i feel you lol

im ugly as hell
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just really frustrated with myself. I feel like nothing is changing no matter how hard I try. I tried to exercise today, but I only managed a few minutes of jogging. I'm not getting any taller, I'm not getting slimmer(especially my legs:frown:) and I can never get enough sleep. I feel gross because I didn't wash my hair today. My genetics are just bad. Why am I seeing no change?

You really need to patient and have your motivations and goals in front of you. Try little tomorrow then add on a bit. Never overwork yourself otherwise you will never get results. Also, your diet comes a lot into this and how much water you are drinking so just make sure you are all good. Remember be positive and have a set goal otherwise you are gorgeous just the way you are :smile: xx
Reply 6

Go wash your hair first off, that's something you can control.
Have you taken steps to get to bed on time or are you just expecting yourself to suddenly change sleep cycles? It takes a lot of motivation and work.
Push yourself with excersising. That too is something you can control.

Assuming your trying to 'get your life together', a point that almost everyone has been in at some time in their life, things arent just going to happen all of a sudden, you need to work at it and put in your full effort.
(edited 3 years ago)
Make do with what you have. You’re fine. Just get on with life. Don’t think about anything you can’t change and take slow steps with anything you can change. Impulses die, slow effortful steps never get wasted.
What do you mean?

Results do not show immediately. It takes time, effort, patience, perseverance.
Reply 9
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Go wash your hair first off, that's something you can control.
Have you taken steps to get to bed on time or are you just expecting yourself to suddenly change sleep cycles? It takes a lot of motivation and work.
Push yourself with excersising. That too is something you can control.

First of all, thank you so much for your reply:smile:
My mum would never let me wash my hair after 6pm now, so I can't do that.
I have tried to sleep at the same time everyday, but I never fall asleep until very late. If I do fall asleep on time, I wake up too early and get even more frustrated with myself for not sleeping long enough(I just wat to be tall, it isn't too big of a thing to ask for)
I tried, I really did. But I started super late today, and whenever I see my thighs, I just feel even worse.
You really need to patient and have your motivations and goals in front of you. Try little tomorrow then add on a bit. Never overwork yourself otherwise you will never get results. Also, your diet comes a lot into this and how much water you are drinking so just make sure you are all good. Remember be positive and have a set goal otherwise you are gorgeous just the way you are :smile: xx

Thank you:smile:
I wish I could achieve my goals, but I get so angry easily. I'm not gorgeous, there are lots of things I would change about myself, but I do appreciate the answer.
I wish I could rewind the clock, but obviously that's impossible, I just wish I were prettier and skinnier, and I wish I had exercised today. I just feel like sh*t
Reply 12
First of all, thank you so much for your reply:smile:
My mum would never let me wash my hair after 6pm now, so I can't do that.
I have tried to sleep at the same time everyday, but I never fall asleep until very late. If I do fall asleep on time, I wake up too early and get even more frustrated with myself for not sleeping long enough(I just wat to be tall, it isn't too big of a thing to ask for)
I tried, I really did. But I started super late today, and whenever I see my thighs, I just feel even worse.

May I ask why that is?
Are you on your phone at that time? You should turn off screens an hour before you plan on going to bed as they are very stimulating to the brain. Also dont force yourself to sleep, if your not tired then fretting and stressing yourself over it is only going to keep you up longer. Go read a book or do something calming until you feel tired enough to sleep.
Whats wrong with your thighs? If your attempting to get into shape shouldnt that be a motivator to keep going?
What specific changes are you aiming for?
Are you trying to reduce your weight to a certain level, alter you body shape, improve your mindset or a combination of all three.
Because apparently 'it's cold outside, but we don't have the heaters on because it's not that cold, so therefore if you come out the shower with wet hair your cold will get worse' but I doubt there is actually any scientific evidence to base that upon
No, I limit screen time before bed
I feel like my thighs are just so big compared to everyone else(I know people say not to compare, but they are about the same height and shape as me, yet my thighs and hips are giant), I hate it(even though I know it depends on my stupid genetics)
Original post by LovelyMrFox
May I ask why that is?
Are you on your phone at that time? You should turn off screens an hour before you plan on going to bed as they are very stimulating to the brain. Also dont force yourself to sleep, if your not tired then fretting and stressing yourself over it is only going to keep you up longer. Go read a book or do something calming until you feel tired enough to sleep.
Whats wrong with your thighs? If your attempting to get into shape shouldnt that be a motivator to keep going?
Original post by londonmyst
What specific changes are you aiming for?
Are you trying to reduce your weight to a certain level, alter you body shape, improve your mindset or a combination of all three.

Alter my body shape(Not too major) and just get a bit taller
Alter my body shape(Not too major) and just get a bit taller

What changes have you made to your diet?
Have you checked out any youtube workouts?
Emi Wong does workouts that can be done in bed, on a chair or sofa- exercises last between 30-40 seconds.
What changes have you made to your diet?
Have you checked out any youtube workouts?
Emi Wong does workouts that can be done in bed, on a chair or sofa- exercises last between 30-40 seconds.

I've been eating less sugar/carbs
Yes I have, personally Emi Wong is too easy for me, I do Pamela Reif's advanced workouts, they are more challenging(I've been working out for a long time) and I prefer to do more shorter workouts that longer ones because it helps with my focus.
I've been eating less sugar/carbs
Yes I have, personally Emi Wong is too easy for me, I do Pamela Reif's advanced workouts, they are more challenging(I've been working out for a long time) and I prefer to do more shorter workouts that longer ones because it helps with my focus.

Drinking plenty of still unflavoured water, homecooking meals and reducing portion sizes is also very helpful.

Very challenging workouts that involve a lot of squats can build up muscle and be part of a regime that aims to maintain thicc legs.
I avoid Pamela Reif's workouts for myself and people I'm helping to get in shape or lose weight.
Too intense and not suitable for people on meds or who are very overweight.
Drinking plenty of still unflavoured water, homecooking meals and reducing portion sizes is also very helpful.

Very challenging workouts that involve a lot of squats can build up muscle and be part of a regime that aims to maintain thicc legs.
I avoid Pamela Reif's workouts for myself and people I'm helping to get in shape or lose weight.
Too intense and not suitable for people on meds or who are very overweight.

Thanks for the reply!:smile: That's very true, but I'm not really looking to lose weight, I'm at the healthy range, but lower end of the scale so her workout's (and some of MadFit's) are the ones that actually make me feel like I'm working out, rather than just moving my arms and legs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending