The Student Room Group

My neighbour has asked my mum to electrocute my dogs every time they bark

I put this on reddit and had a bunch of people defending my neighbours comments.

My dogs don’t bark a lot, but when they do it’s because they get scared or someone is at the door. This is once in a blue moon. We discipline our dogs for barking if they bark more than a few times. They have been trained and listen to us. We’ve never had incidents where they’ve barked for more than 1 minute.

My mum was on her way home with my dogs the other day and my neighbour stops her and says we need to electrocute our dogs because they bark.

My dogs usually bark funnily enough when they are scared from the amount of screaming and shouting my neighbours teen kid does on Fifa.. cursing and being generally inconsiderate to people around him in their homes, we have never mentioned this to our neighbour of how annoying it is to be sat in our garden or house and hear him screaming his house down. We’ve never told them to shut him up by electrocuting him.

I ended up deleting my post on Reddit because I do not want to hurt my dogs for something they rarely do, plus electrocuting them is animal cruelty in itself.

I understand if they barked loads, but they don’t. I’m home most of the day with them and they usually sleep more than anything. My one dog is a senior so he doesn’t really do much, he’s pretty chill. My other dog is 11 months old and never barks, she softly growls at things and stops (that’s usually if something has spooked her)
Reply 1
What on earth... isn’t that dog abuse
that just sounds like something from my story animated
Reply 3
Original post by Ten-Ten
What on earth... isn’t that dog abuse

That’s what I was thinking when my mum told me what my neighbour said. Loads of people on reddit thought it was justifiable though. I hate that app.
Reply 4
Original post by LovelyMrFox
I assume they suggested an electric bark collar?
Ignore the neighbor, dont fuel their drama.

Possibly, The neighbour never really said “electric collar” just told us to electrocute them basically. We have just decided to ignore them. Our dogs listen to us and are well trained so we just aren’t going to listen to them. My senior dog can be anxious and I know full well the electric collar if he had one would really distress him further, so yeah we are just carrying on as usual as we know our dogs.
Reply 5
Original post by JS12350
That’s what I was thinking when my mum told me what my neighbour said. Loads of people on reddit thought it was justifiable though. I hate that app.

Maybe they want to eat your dog, electrocute him to a crisp. I’d be careful
Reply 6
Ur neighbors are probably just annoyed.

Dog barks are the most annoying noise in the world. I can understand why they want ur dogs to suffer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending