The Student Room Group

Official PlayStation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
And the greatest memories includes the Spyro games? this and Crash Bandicoot are the games I couldn't play, but I would have like to.

Speaking of crash, u getting crash for? It's on ps4 iirc
Original post by quasa
Speaking of crash, u getting crash for? It's on ps4 iirc

Should I buy a PS4 just to play a Crash game? that is it not worth.

Original post by quasa
Of ps1, I'd say spyro and gran turismo tbh. Crash I was never into much but preferred cortex to the spyro badguys

So is Gran Turismo a good racing game to invest the money?
Original post by quasa
Considering today is the 25th Birthday of PlayStation, I reckon its time we launch a PS thread to discuss all things PlayStation and gaming. in terms of ground rules, make sure you dont discriminate (although banter about xbox and master race is allowed :lol: )

anybody play 2k21 if so what is your psn
Ewww playstation bad I prefer playing brick braker on my blackberry curve
Original post by Prefect1992
Ewww playstation bad I prefer playing brick braker on my blackberry curve

what do yuh play on a xbox
Original post by Grexnz_ on yt
what do yuh play on a F****** gay box

Yeah cause i can afford to pay for a premium online service #Microsoftforlife
ps5 showcase at 9pm bst (1pm pst) on wednesday 16th september
Original post by quasa
ps5 showcase at 9pm bst (1pm pst) on wednesday 16th september

And what about games? how many of them are already released and what games are planned?
Original post by Kallisto
And what about games? how many of them are already released and what games are planned?

no word yet on what games will be showcased, but chances are itll be the games announced earlier in the year.

in terms of launch window (ie this year), both insomniac games and bug snax are the major ps5 exclusives I can think of.
Original post by quasa
no word yet on what games will be showcased, but chances are itll be the games announced earlier in the year.

in terms of launch window (ie this year), both insomniac games and bug snax are the major ps5 exclusives I can think of.

Looks like that there is a Spider-Man game at the start. And Godfall. Two games so far. Not so many, but I will wait for the next years to see the development.
Here's a link to the livestream of today's events. rumour has it some big exclusives may be revealed, as well as price and availability.

The event starts at 9pm BST (8pm GMT), so in 42 minutes

Tonight Sony has a 40 minute showcase event and rumoured to be revealing some secret exclusives and the price / release date for PS5.
its at 9pm BST (so half an hour) and here's a link to the official playstation YT channel.

final fantasy 16!!!!
ff16 is confirmed to be a playstation 5 exclusive. looks a lot like ff15.

the miles morales game seems like an xmas game / expansion of the ps4 spidey game. seems like roxxon are the main bad guys, with the tinkerer as well. the game is set mainly in harlem. the tinkerer is a lady in the game.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by quasa
ff16 is confirmed to be a playstation 5 exclusive. looks a lot like ff15.

the miles morales game seems like an xmas game / expansion of the ps4 spidey game. seems like roxxon are the main bad guys, with the tinkerer as well. the game is set mainly in harlem. the tinkerer is a lady in the game.

You didn't read very carefully if you saw it being PS5 exclusive.
To say this is supposed to be a next gen console neither the Harry Potter thing nor CoD look very next gen, both looks very much last gen
Original post by Jammy Duel
To say this is supposed to be a next gen console neither the Harry Potter thing nor CoD look very next gen, both looks very much last gen

you are aware that sony's livestream is restricted at 1080p and the 4k footage gets released later. id wait till the 4k trailers are out before passing judgement.
Original post by Jammy Duel
You didn't read very carefully if you saw it being PS5 exclusive.

rewatched it and :lol: big writing was playstation console exclusive, then very small at the bottom of the screen (near the videobar) there is an *also available on pc. im guessing ps5 / ps4 initial release then pc after x amount of time.
Original post by quasa
you are aware that sony's livestream is restricted at 1080p and the 4k footage gets released later. id wait till the 4k trailers are out before passing judgement.

I mean, not really. There should still be a graphical improvement because of ray tracing. Though the way I see ray tracing at the moment - it's a major performance hit for a hardly noticeable graphical improvement. Usually turn it off.
Original post by quasa

It's not just lower resolution/stream, the textures are all quite smooth and lacking details, even beyond compression, and it looked very much like no ray tracing. Case in point compare how FF16 looked vs either of those two games.

Quick Reply

Latest