The Student Room Group

Thoughts on Pilots and cheating..

What do you think?

I've read that some there are such thing as AIDS (Aviation induced divorce syndrome) and that some wives have claimed that their husband who is a pilot had cheated with an Air Stewardess.

My boyfriend is a pilot, and so these thoughts constantly pop into my mind, we are thinking of having children and while I do trust him I can't say these thoughts don't hit me and I feel sick to my stomach ;/

I have supported him through so much financially, and mentally we have been together for 5 years. But with the hectic lifestyle, and going to new countries, sharing the same hotel rooms with flight attendants, what are the likelihood of cheating?

Is it just something that's been romanticised, and actually doesn't happen frequently? or is it something I should be wary off. My boyfriend is quite friendly and flirty around others, but, obviously in the past when we were together no problems arose when it comes to cheating.

But, cheating can happen to anyone right? and I know it can happen regardless of your profession but I've heard from people such as my friends, relatives that it can be an implication especially if he is away a lot.

What do you guys think? Personally I think it varies, everyone is good or bad and everyone can cheat, it just doesn't help when people or news articles or even Google's most searched about pilots is "do pilots cheat?" it makes me really nervous to even see that, I never thought of it being a problem. ;/

Scroll to see replies

I don't think you should doubt him like that just because of some stereotypes :/
If he is really into you and the relationship between you is mutually dedicated, then nothing will go wrong.

How did you meet your current pilott boyfriend?

I have also thinked of kind of wanting date a pilot in the future post uni.
Reply 3
Original post by SuperiorPotato
I don't think you should doubt him like that just because of some stereotypes :/

But do they actually happen? ;/ or is it just a shebang

him going away for a long period time is hard enough as it is, but I smile and stay through it because it's his dream it's his career and I won't take it away, not now not ever.

It just makes me sad and sick to my stomach even thinking of it ;/ I mean what the hell is AIDS? why does it have to be like that.

No one deserves that, and the anxiety it induces on partners of S.O to pilots and even the frustration it causes to some it's not needed.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
If he is really into you and the relationship between you is mutually dedicated, then nothing will go wrong.

How did you meet your current pilott boyfriend?

I have also thinked of kind of wanting date a pilot in the future post uni.

Met when were 20 at Uni.
I was cabin crew for 3 years and I'd say it's a 50/50 split of those that cheat and those that don't. I did long haul though.
Met when were 20 at Uni.

What airline does he work for?
Reply 7

They shouldn't be judged and doubted it makes me mad it's so publicised, It makes me so anxious I hope you can understand this is not a hate post at all, I'm just worried reading so much, it makes me so angry, to have such an incredible career tainted by some and not all pilots who have created a stereotype
Reply 8
I was cabin crew for 3 years and I'd say it's a 50/50 split of those that cheat and those that don't. I did long haul though.

do you think the chances increase the more experience a pilot has, like if he has been a pilot for ten years then lets say 2 years etc.

Wow...did you finish your degree at uni and then apply for the air hostess/steward job?
Which airline company does your pilot boyfriend work for atm?
Which airline company does your pilot boyfriend work for atm?

Jet 2

I know a couple have gone bust due to Covid-19 obvs he hasn't been working the aviation industry has to recover
They shouldn't be judged and doubted it makes me mad it's so publicised, It makes me so anxious I hope you can understand this is not a hate post at all, I'm just worried reading so much, it makes me so angry, to have such an incredible career tainted by some and not all pilots who have created a stereotype

Yeah yeah dw I understand :smile: but I don't think you should go off of what everyone else is saying. Not all men are the same yk? Do you trust him??
Jet 2

I know a couple have gone bust due to Covid-19 obvs he hasn't been working the aviation industry has to recover

Which profession and job are you doing currently?
do you think the chances increase the more experience a pilot has, like if he has been a pilot for ten years then lets say 2 years etc.

Nope. If he's young the girls will be on him like flies on ****. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad. It is what it is. He may not be interested at first but the allure of the young women fawning all over him may eventually become too much to resist. It also may not 🤷🏻*♀️
If you really love him and cant stand the fact of the cheating business and want to spend the life with him, then just apply for an air hostess job at Jet 2 and then you will never be apart and will be always together.
Yeah yeah dw I understand :smile: but I don't think you should go off of what everyone else is saying. Not all men are the same yk? Do you trust him??

Most he's done is spoke to an ex and kept trying to get with her, saying we were over this was about 4 years ago (A year anniversary)

He said she had manipulated him, we were going through a bad patch and she was consoling him saying how he'd make a good boyfriend for her and wished it was different, and because he had feelings for her that never really went away because she was always lingering from the start of our relationship he messaged her.

He chose me at the end since then he never did anything like that, no nudes, and stuff.

He is so romantic and stuff he thinks adultery/cheating is a sin but I..I just have anxiety as it is and yeah I suppose I should ride it out what's meant to be will be.

I have bad anxiety with everything sometimes and it's not just about him but work, having kids just in general I think visiting the GP again would be a good start perhaps
Nope. If he's young the girls will be on him like flies on ****. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad. It is what it is. He may not be interested at first but the allure of the young women fawning all over him may eventually become too much to resist. It also may not 🤷🏻*♀️

we are young ;/
If you really love him and cant stand the fact of the cheating business and want to spend the life with him, then just apply for an air hostess job at Jet 2 and then you will never be apart and will be always together.

I'm a nurse I doubt that's something I can apply for ;/ Especially with having kids
I'm a nurse I doubt that's something I can apply for ;/ Especially with having kids

How old are you and hoe old is your boyfriend?

Latest

Trending

Trending