Watch
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Disc version: £449
Digital version: £359
Who's jumping on the hype train?! This is going to be a long wait.
Callicious
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Name:  1449963974_attachment (1).jpeg
Views: 32
Size:  127.1 KB
fake_abs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
the ps5 looks okay but the controller is so bad. it looks so bad and white will get dirty so quickly.
I'm a pc gal
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Callicious)
Name:  1449963974_attachment (1).jpeg
Views: 32
Size:  127.1 KB
I have a PC too but PS5 exclusives looking too nice to pass up.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'll be sticking with my PC.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by fake_abs)
the ps5 looks okay but the controller is so bad. it looks so bad and white will get dirty so quickly.
I'm a pc gal
Controller doesn't look so bad to me but I agree the white is obnoxious. Sony will release a black one down the line I'm sure
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
I'll be sticking with my PC.
That's fine but I need to play the new Spider-Man game and Crash 4 ain't coming to PC for some baffling reason.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's fine but I need to play the new Spider-Man game and Crash 4 ain't coming to PC for some baffling reason.
I know game exclusives are BS what's even more BS is that they think people will genuinely whack down hundreds of pounds to buy a console just for the sake of being able to play three or so games which you can watch other people play on YouTube for free.
fake_abs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I always have my boys with consoles, so if I want to play something I just sleep over!
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
I know game exclusives are BS what's even more BS is that they think people will genuinely whack down hundreds of pounds to buy a console just for the sake of being able to play three or so games which you can watch other people play on YouTube for free.
I'm not about to watch some ****** play Miles Morales or especially Crash Bandicoot 4. These are games you experience yourself, I'm not about to sit there watching someone play a 3D platformer
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not about to watch some ****** play Miles Morales or especially Crash Bandicoot 4. These are games you experience yourself, I'm not about to sit there watching someone play a 3D platformer
I do it's free and doesn't cost me £510+ just to play one game
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
I do it's free and doesn't cost me £510+ just to play one game
Idk man I don't think watching people play games is inherently bad. I love watching others play games but there are some games I'd rather play. Something like the last of us is basically a movie so watching that without buying it I think is reasonable but games that actually require you to do something, I'd rather play for myself.
fake_abs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Idk man I don't think watching people play games is inherently bad. I love watching others play games but there are some games I'd rather play. Something like the last of us is basically a movie so watching that without buying it I think is reasonable but games that actually require you to do something, I'd rather play for myself.
I like watching games too, but with games with a lot of different paths or hidden features, I'd play it myself. Last Of Us, I'm not getting, because i can get the general mood of the game and everything that happens by watching a few videos.
But when it comes to stuff like Control or Stanley's Parable, I'll play it myself. i only use pc because ps and xbox doesn't really support indie-produced games. I'm not good at 1st person shooters and value story over gameplay so, pc is just better. I can support small game companies more so than on console, so
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Let's ****ing go! :woo:
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by fake_abs)
I like watching games too, but with games with a lot of different paths or hidden features, I'd play it myself. Last Of Us, I'm not getting, because i can get the general mood of the game and everything that happens by watching a few videos.
But when it comes to stuff like Control or Stanley's Parable, I'll play it myself. i only use pc because ps and xbox doesn't really support indie-produced games. I'm not good at 1st person shooters and value story over gameplay so, pc is just better. I can support small game companies more so than on console, so
I like that you support indie devs. More ethical than your standard triple A developer nowadays. Just that I like platformers and FPS games so consoles are appealing to me but I prefer my PC for game modding.
fake_abs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I like that you support indie devs. More ethical than your standard triple A developer nowadays. Just that I like platformers and FPS games so consoles are appealing to me but I prefer my PC for game modding.
definitely. yeah i understand, especially around platformers. even now i struggle with platformers on pc.
but as i am a minecrafter, I have become addicted to installing new mod packs every week. my pc has become so slow haha. on console, i don't understand how i'm even supposed to go about modding, if i even can??
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Disc version needs to come below £300 before i start considering it.

I've got a HUGE backlog of ps3 and ps4 games to get through, and i don't even game much these days.

I'm not in a hurry for ps5. It will probably be atleast 3 yrs before I get one.

I also want to get the slim version too (they always eventually make a slim version with lower power consumption)
fake_abs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yhyh i feel like ps5 and above will fall flat. Before ps4, xbox and ps were kinda neck and neck. Ps4 made playstation more and more popular and ps5 is probably hurt that popularity. most people won't get the ps5 immediately, and if they do, because of how meekly it compares to the other consoles by ps and other companies, it will hurt the brand. even if it does well.
Last edited by fake_abs; 1 month ago
Yukikobestgirl
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
probably will pick up PS5 like a year in for some games.
FFXVI looked really disappointing but knowing Yoshi P is involved and the combat director did DMC V got me hyped tbh. FFXIV and DMC V were 2 of the best games of the decade,
ALSO VERGIL DLC
Name:  image0 (1).png
Views: 10
Size:  397.7 KB
Demons Souls looked really off and not like souls at all tho imo
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did anyone manage to preorder one from game, shop to or smyths? They sold out in less than an hour. Amazon is later today (9am).

No word on other retailers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (157)
14.54%
I'm not sure (46)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (320)
29.63%
I have already dropped out (30)
2.78%
I'm not a current university student (527)
48.8%

Watched Threads