The Student Room Group

I'll give you relationship advice x

Don't be scared to say, I will defo try and help x

Scroll to see replies

i am almost 19 never dated anyone before. i am decent looking and very built, but slightly too short(5,6).what should i do to attract ladies
Reply 2
I have an issue. I found this individual the yesterday on this online website and planned that he should come over to my house the next day ( today ). He came in a bag with some of his friends.

We went over to my couch and I... I... I ate him. What does this mean for our relationship? :frown:

*He was an icecream sandwich btw if thats any relevance :emo:
Original post by deadroseex
Don't be scared to say, I will defo try and help x

This is going to sound complicated but here goes-
My bf and I are in a LDR of 5 months and he hasn't been online in nearly 2 months because he says he's been really angry lately and doesn't want to take it out on me. However, I have reason to think he has depression and is struggling a lot and I'm extremely worried because he's offline and refusing to answer calls and texts and ik he wouldn't confide in anyone if something was up. Some of my friends say that I should wait until he comes back online to hear what he has to say and I want to do that, but one or two say that when he comes back online again, I should break up with him. I guess I just wanna know if you have any advice on what to do with my whole situation, including how long I should wait until I decide to get over him, or whether this warrants a break up, stuff like that.
Original post by Anonymous
i am almost 19 never dated anyone before. i am decent looking and very built, but slightly too short(5,6).what should i do to attract ladies

Coming from a gal, I think being yourself is the best thing you could do to get a gf. Ik it sounds cliche, but it's true. Not all the girls care about height and things like that. I don't think it's ever a good idea to change yourself just to attract someone, because the relationship probably wouldn't last too long then, or maybe that's just me.

But anyways, to summarise, a lot of us want to connect on a deeper level than that so, so long you get comfortable with yourself, then the right person shall come along when the time is right (and sometimes when you least expect it :smile: ).
Reply 5

If you are decent looking, it shouldn't be a problem but take a deeper look into your personality. If you believe you are fine and you trust yourself then you need to throw yourself in there. If you like anyone, make a move. It doesn't really matter if you get rejected or not. It just gives you more confidence and maybe one or two tries later you will find someone who will be the one.
Attracting ladies I guess be subtle and not to showyy and be a bit more humble but maybe on occasion show off and stuff but do not over do it.
Hope this helps a bitt x
Reply 6
Original post by missling40
This is going to sound complicated but here goes-
My bf and I are in a LDR of 5 months and he hasn't been online in nearly 2 months because he says he's been really angry lately and doesn't want to take it out on me. However, I have reason to think he has depression and is struggling a lot and I'm extremely worried because he's offline and refusing to answer calls and texts and ik he wouldn't confide in anyone if something was up. Some of my friends say that I should wait until he comes back online to hear what he has to say and I want to do that, but one or two say that when he comes back online again, I should break up with him. I guess I just wanna know if you have any advice on what to do with my whole situation, including how long I should wait until I decide to get over him, or whether this warrants a break up, stuff like that.

I think you need to give him a bit of time. Depression is an extremely toxic thing that can take over a person. Do not wait over 2/3 months though, because I understand he is struggling but you need to take a look at yourself. You cannot be stuck over someone, who is not in the right state to even care about you. If he does come back in a few months, then you have to speak to him and get him to talk to you. Long distance is very hard and it takes a lot so it is amazing what you have but you can't wait to long. You have a life and if he is truly suffering he needs to get proper help. When he does come back let him say what he needs to. If you believe you would like to be with him then continue on with your relationship. otherwise move on and find someone else.
However, I feel he is being a bit unfair on you. I know he is going through things but it is just not fair to you. It has been 2 months as well, where you are barely speaking so I wouldn't think of it as a 'relationship' but other than that, you should defo hear what he has to say. If he doesn't come in a few more weeks then I suggest you move on because you need to focus on urself just as much.

I hope this helps a bit more with your situation x
Reply 7
Original post by LovelyMrFox
I have an issue. I found this individual the yesterday on this online website and planned that he should come over to my house the next day ( today ). He came in a bag with some of his friends.

We went over to my couch and I... I... I ate him. What does this mean for our relationship? :frown:

*He was an icecream sandwich btw if thats any relevance :emo:

As you have eaten him, you both are no longer in a relationship. You will now, have to move on to one if his lovely friends :smile:
Hope this helps x
I think you need to give him a bit of time. Depression is an extremely toxic thing that can take over a person. Do not wait over 2/3 months though, because I understand he is struggling but you need to take a look at yourself. You cannot be stuck over someone, who is not in the right state to even care about you. If he does come back in a few months, then you have to speak to him and get him to talk to you. Long distance is very hard and it takes a lot so it is amazing what you have but you can't wait to long. You have a life and if he is truly suffering he needs to get proper help. When he does come back let him say what he needs to. If you believe you would like to be with him then continue on with your relationship. otherwise move on and find someone else.
However, I feel he is being a bit unfair on you. I know he is going through things but it is just not fair to you. It has been 2 months as well, where you are barely speaking so I wouldn't think of it as a 'relationship' but other than that, you should defo hear what he has to say. If he doesn't come in a few more weeks then I suggest you move on because you need to focus on urself just as much.

I hope this helps a bit more with your situation x

I guess I'm just really worried, especially because I don't know how bad it is or even if he's alive or done something to himself. I know how sucky depression is and actually, it was him who saved me from taking my own life back when we were just friends. I don't really like knowing that he could be online in a few hours or a few weeks or a few months and I feel so helpless because I can't help him when he's blocked all methods of contact. You're right - I can't just be stuck over someone who needs to concentrate on themselves, and I can feel my mental health suffering because of everything. I shall definitely take your advice so thanks mate : D
I feel like I'm undeserving of a relationship because of what I've done in my past and even though I've changed I still feel like I don't deserve to have a s/o
how to kiss and how get my first kiss. I'm an adult and I know it's embarrassing.
I feel like I'm undeserving of a relationship because of what I've done in my past and even though I've changed I still feel like I don't deserve to have a s/o

Your past doesn't define you at all. Whatever has happened, has happened. You cannot go back and change. You need to face these fears and work up the courage and love yourself for you. It can be hard forgetting problems of the past, but true love comes with accepting people as they are. So, whatever you have done doesn't matter because the person you are with will love you for who you are now and won't even think twice about whatever went on in the past.
Just come into terms with yourself, and remind yourself everyday that you deserve and belong & and that you are amazing throughout.
Hope this helps a bit more x
Original post by jellybellyb
Okay, so I need a bit of advice. I have been talking to someone recently, and he is honestly one of the best people I've ever met. I really like him and I get the feeling he likes me too. He calls me cute / adorable and everything and has even said that he wanted to kiss me at one point, but neither of us has made a move. The thing is, although when he does talk to me, he makes me feel special, he can go very long periods of time without talking to me. Usually, he says he's busy, but at times he'll tell me that he was hanging with other friends. I don't want to pry or make it a big deal, but sometimes it makes me feel unimportant and I just really want to know if he's actually into me, or is he just messing around with me as friends. :frown:

You can't ever be to sure in situations like these. From what you have told me, he has deemed that he has some type of interest in you but it isn't like he wants to be in a relationship just yet. He may not be ready for a relationship just yet but has an eye on you. Sometimes, you just need to talk it out with him. Tell him how you feel, not too much, just a limited amount and ask him to give you a straight answer of yes/no. But if you are not comfortable with doing so, then try giving subtle hints or even making the first move yourself and you will simply get your answer. Boys tend to be a bit more flirty as well, and him calling you cute/adorable may not mean much to him, on his end so do not over analyse what he is saying because to him it may be a harmless compliment. I hope it goes well, just know your worth and that you are amazing with or without him.
Hope this helps a bit more with your situation xxx
how to kiss and how get my first kiss. I'm an adult and I know it's embarrassing.

Depends, do you want it to be special or not? If you do then, simply wait for a relationship where you love the person and they love you back just as much. If not, then just spend nights out, or go out and get peoples number and soon enough you will have your first kiss. It is not hard to kiss someone, I can't explain to be fair haha but when your kissing them, you are kissing them and it all turns out the same. And remember it is not embarrassing and you don't need to kiss someone if you are not ready. Being an adult doesn't mean you have to have your first kiss.
Hope this helpsss x
Depends, do you want it to be special or not? If you do then, simply wait for a relationship where you love the person and they love you back just as much. If not, then just spend nights out, or go out and get peoples number and soon enough you will have your first kiss. It is not hard to kiss someone, I can't explain to be fair haha but when your kissing them, you are kissing them and it all turns out the same. And remember it is not embarrassing and you don't need to kiss someone if you are not ready. Being an adult doesn't mean you have to have your first kiss.
Hope this helpsss x

I know but I have no idea how to get the tongue involved and stuff
I know but I have no idea how to get the tongue involved and stuff

You start of by normal kissing, then initiate your tongue towards there lips while kissing. If they open there mouth there you go.
You start of by normal kissing, then initiate your tongue towards there lips while kissing. If they open there mouth there you go.

ah ok. I feel like I will be quite sloppy tbh!
I arranged to meet up with someone called Peter and his cousin Benjamin and after I sent them a photo they completely ignored me and weren't where we agreed to meet up.
I'm a generally outgoing guy and love rabbits but for some reason they just ditched me.
What should I do?
Original post by Rufus the red
I arranged to meet up with someone called Peter and his cousin Benjamin and after I sent them a photo they completely ignored me and weren't where we agreed to meet up.
I'm a generally outgoing guy and love rabbits but for some reason they just ditched me.
What should I do?

Try messaging them both or even calling them both. If they do not respond in a few days, then I don't think they are interested in meeting anymore and you shouldn't bother with pathetic people who just like to waste other people's time.
I bet you are wonderful but I hope you're okay too! xx
Try messaging them both or even calling them both. If they do not respond in a few days, then I don't think they are interested in meeting anymore and you shouldn't bother with pathetic people who just like to waste other people's time.
I bet you are wonderful but I hope you're okay too! xx

Thank you for the advice but I've found someone new to meet up with called Mr Todd who is a friend of theirs so we're going to have them for dinner at his burrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending