The Student Room Group

Where to go on holiday with friends?

Hi I’m planning to go on holiday with 3 friends in summer (June-August). We’d all be 17 at time of travel, and none of us have ever gone abroad without parents apart from school trips. To convince our parents we want somewhere fairly cheap and safe in Europe. We’d be staying for about 4 days. Our thought are either:

Paris
Rome
Barcelona

What do you think would fit best and why?
Or suggest any other ideas please
When it is about cheap flight tickets, try to get some to Vienna and Munich. They are great cities and especially vienna has nice places with fine architecture.
Geneva is 10/10.
Krakow is great, too.
Holland is epic, regardless of the part of it: you can cycle it all!
@Callicious If we are talking about Switzerland here, Zurich must not missed! the Lake Zurich is it worth to visit and the there is a nice old town to walk.
Reply 5
Can you book accommodation without being eighteen?
Ngl I’d avoid capital cities for your first holiday alone but try like Majorca, Tenerife or Malaga (Spain)
Original post by Callicious
Geneva is 10/10.
Krakow is great, too.
Holland is epic, regardless of the part of it: you can cycle it all!

Original post by Kallisto
When it is about cheap flight tickets, try to get some to Vienna and Munich. They are great cities and especially vienna has nice places with fine architecture.

I definitely want to go to these places but 2 of us out of the group speak quite good French so that makes us feel more comfortable, plus we want to go to Disneyland!
Original post by Deggs_14
Can you book accommodation without being eighteen?

Yes some hotels have an age limit but we've found quite a few which have no age limit
Original post by Ensoetre
Ngl I’d avoid capital cities for your first holiday alone but try like Majorca, Tenerife or Malaga (Spain)

Ok, are there any specific reasons why, like have you had a bad experience yourself?
Original post by thepunmaster.e
I definitely want to go to these places but 2 of us out of the group speak quite good French so that makes us feel more comfortable, plus we want to go to Disneyland!

Of course, that changes everything! from this perspective, Paris is the best choice you can really make, so go there. Have fun! :h:
Original post by Kallisto
Of course, that changes everything! from this perspective, Paris is the best choice you can really make, so go there. Have fun! :h:

Thank you!
Thank you!

@beccamadeleinex
Ok, are there any specific reasons why, like have you had a bad experience yourself?

Nope just because they’re usually cheaper and less busy than capital cities :smile:
Original post by Ensoetre
Nope just because they’re usually cheaper and less busy than capital cities :smile:

Ah ok, luckily our parents are helping to pay (plus we are going to get jobs :biggrin:) so that isn't a concern as much, though I'll take the busy aspect into account, thanks!

Ahaha hi
If you speak French and want to go to Paris definitely go there.

It's got everything you're after in terms of sights, but it's quite expensive, can be unwelcoming and it's not particularly clean and tidy.

By comparison, London is similar on the rudeness scale but it's much, much cleaner. There are also far fewer street hustlers.

Quick Reply

Latest