The Student Room Group

Scared

It’s only just dawning on me that I am actually starting University within the next month. I don’t even know if I’m ready, if I’m good enough... I just can’t believe it’s all real.
Sorry if I sound cringy, I’m just feeling overwhelmed and I don’t think I can tell any of my friends I feel this way because I don’t think they think I’m good enough to do a degree either, so that’s cool .

God. Note to self : please stop ranting before you embarrass yourself even more

( Sorry, I know this isn’t supposed to be in the relationships section, I just wanted to post anonymously)
It’s ok to be feeling nervous before starting uni. You are good enough to do a degree. The admissions team believe in you as you have got a place. The transition from A-levels (or equivalent) to uni can be a bit of a jump, but everyone is in the same boat and you’ll figure out what study techniques best work for you. It’s ok to feel a bit worried, most students are (even if they don’t show it) about starting uni level content, but everyone on the course is worthy of being there.

I’ve been looking forward to going to university for years, but now it’s only less than a month away it feels more daunting and my excitement is mixed with feeling nervous. I’ve spoken with a few people in my year group and they feel a similar way as well, it’s totally ok to feel worried.

If your worried about speaking to friends about your worries, is there anyone at home you could speak to? If no there are plenty of people at most universities who help with the transition, both academically and with concerns about living more independently, maybe get into contact with them? It’s ok to ask for help. I don’t think I’ll be much help but it you have any more questions or concerns about starting uni I’m happy to answer.

I hope this helps and you enjoy uni. Remember you’ve worked hard to get there and you 100% deserve to be there :smile:
I'm living proof of this... got a 2:2 even though I'm dense.
Original post by Prefect1992
I'm living proof of this... got a 2:2 even though I'm dense.

Well done. What degree did u do?
Original post by dj_ad_1
Well done. What degree did u do?

Primary Education, it's quite a varied degree that includes elements of child psychology and also looks at developments in educational policy and pedagogy (how teaching methods have involved) the philosophy of education/ purpose
Reply 5
Original post by Physicsqueen
It’s ok to be feeling nervous before starting uni. You are good enough to do a degree. The admissions team believe in you as you have got a place. The transition from A-levels (or equivalent) to uni can be a bit of a jump, but everyone is in the same boat and you’ll figure out what study techniques best work for you. It’s ok to feel a bit worried, most students are (even if they don’t show it) about starting uni level content, but everyone on the course is worthy of being there.

I’ve been looking forward to going to university for years, but now it’s only less than a month away it feels more daunting and my excitement is mixed with feeling nervous. I’ve spoken with a few people in my year group and they feel a similar way as well, it’s totally ok to feel worried.

If your worried about speaking to friends about your worries, is there anyone at home you could speak to? If no there are plenty of people at most universities who help with the transition, both academically and with concerns about living more independently, maybe get into contact with them? It’s ok to ask for help. I don’t think I’ll be much help but it you have any more questions or concerns about starting uni I’m happy to answer.

I hope this helps and you enjoy uni. Remember you’ve worked hard to get there and you 100% deserve to be there :smile:

I think I may have to get in contact with my University’s Wellbeing team then. Thank you so much for your help !! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending