The Student Room Group

Received caution, reprimand or warnings before?

Just wanna know how to make sure that I have never been cautioned, received a warning or reprimand(it happened in 2012 so I suppose reprimand still exists at that time) from the police?

My previous post:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6695430#post91023450

Thanks a lot:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Just wanna know how to make sure that I have never been cautioned, received a warning or reprimand(it happened in 2012 so I suppose reprimand still exists at that time) from the police?

My previous post:

You can't if that's happened.

If you want to find out i.e. you are in doubt, then you should make a Subject Access Request to the Police force that dealt with you (if you're also requesting other data), or to ACPO (otherwise).
Reply 2
Original post by CletusPotter
You can't if that's happened.

If you want to find out i.e. you are in doubt, then you should make a Subject Access Request to the Police force that dealt with you (if you're also requesting other data), or to ACPO (otherwise).

I cant make a request to ACRO since I need to write down my last address in the past ten years in the UK but I was on a school trip so I dont have one. I also tried to apply for a standard DBS but they also refuse me due to the same reason. I think I was not dealt with any police force otherwise at least I shall remember sth, so I suppose a Subject Access Request cant work either. Thank u for ur suggestions though.
I cant make a request to ACRO since I need to write down my last address in the past ten years in the UK but I was on a school trip so I dont have one. I also tried to apply for a standard DBS but they also refuse me due to the same reason. I think I was not dealt with any police force otherwise at least I shall remember sth, so I suppose a Subject Access Request cant work either. Thank u for ur suggestions though.

That's wrong, if you didn't have an address then you don't need to put it. But if you did, then you do need to put it down so they can process your request. Otherwise they will provide you with what they can find, it might not be complete though. Unless they refused, in which case you should appeal. You could try the Police force responsible for the area concerned, where was it?
Reply 4
Request a copy of your police record. It'll have any such interactions on it.
What dealings have you had with the police? Have they arrested you before?

My previous post:

You are panicking about nonsense, though as a shoplifter who never got caught, no-one is going to sympathise.

Just apply for your visa already. If you can't remember if you were interviewed by the police, then you clearly weren't.
Original post by threeportdrift
You are panicking about nonsense, though as a shoplifter who never got caught, no-one is going to sympathise.

Just apply for your visa already. If you can't remember if you were interviewed by the police, then you clearly weren't.

Some common sense and other threads with bonkers advice.
Reply 8
Original post by MedicWil
What dealings have you had with the police? Have they arrested you before?

no I dont think I have been handcuffed before.
Reply 9
Original post by CletusPotter
That's wrong, if you didn't have an address then you don't need to put it. But if you did, then you do need to put it down so they can process your request. Otherwise they will provide you with what they can find, it might not be complete though. Unless they refused, in which case you should appeal. You could try the Police force responsible for the area concerned, where was it?

I think it was in Devon, south-west England. Can I require my personal info from the police? I thought it is confidential. (Because I think by doing so if someone else *not my manager etc. wants my info, they can also get it.)
Original post by Napp
Request a copy of your police record. It'll have any such interactions on it.

Yeah thank u I am gonna have a try:smile:
Reply 11
Yeah thank u I am gonna have a try:smile:

This is the link for it;
https://www.acro.police.uk/Subject-Access-Online.aspx

Thank u so much. I do suffer from memory loss sometimes. So I am afraid that I may forget this experience due to self-protection or extreme fear.
Also, a 10-year visa ban would be a disaster for me.

Just sent my request. Thank u a lot! btw do u know the average waiting time (website says within one calendar month)
I think it was in Devon, south-west England. Can I require my personal info from the police? I thought it is confidential. (Because I think by doing so if someone else *not my manager etc. wants my info, they can also get it.)

You are entitled to. In which case, you should contact Devon and Cornwall Police. Their website is here: https://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/

You may use the form provided, but you do not have to. It's still worth requesting even if you can't fill it out completely, just fill out any fields to which you can't answer with the word "Unknown".
Thank u so much. I do suffer from memory loss sometimes. So I am afraid that I may forget this experience due to self-protection or extreme fear.
Also, a 10-year visa ban would be a disaster for me.

So don't go confessing to the Police that you shoplifted and you can't remember if you got caught or not! For goodness sake use some common sense!
So don't go confessing to the Police that you shoplifted and you can't remember if you got caught or not! For goodness sake use some common sense!

Agreed. Disregard my earlier suggestion, and disregard that I suck.
So I think a subject access request would be enough?
I sent my subject access request and I suppose the result will show all my info in the police system then? But I have re-newed my passport and my passport number has changed. I am afraid they cant find anything even if there are sth about me. But the Home Office requires me to write down my former passport number, so the Home Office may find sth which I cant?
So I think a subject access request would be enough?

Yes.
I sent my subject access request and I suppose the result will show all my info in the police system then? But I have re-newed my passport and my passport number has changed. I am afraid they cant find anything even if there are sth about me. But the Home Office requires me to write down my former passport number, so the Home Office may find sth which I cant?

Good to know, they should still be able to find you.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending