The Student Room Group

If you saw a spider in the toilet bowl...

Would you flush the toilet or take it out and put it out of the window (save it).

I saved the spider from the loo yesterday. When I was younger I used to flush the poor things done the loo. Feel so bad I used to do that!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Flush and be glad it was already in an easy spot to remove from my house.
Original post by Bio 7
Flush and be glad it was already in an easy spot to remove from my house.

How old are you? Don’t you feel guilty about killing a spider? It did you no wrong afterall!
Reply 3
Original post by boulderingislife
How old are you? Don’t you feel guilty about killing a spider? It did you no wrong afterall!

21 and no I don't.

There was a spider on my wall right next to my pillow and I squashed it with a shoe, was glad to have it gone. The lives of tiny creatures doesn't matter to me.
Original post by Bio 7
21 and no I don't.

There was a spider on my wall right next to my pillow and I squashed it with a shoe, was glad to have it gone. The lives of tiny creatures doesn't matter to me.

That’s heartless bro, and proper ****ed up! :eek:
Reply 5
That’s heartless bro, and proper ****ed up! :eek:

Spiders make webs that fly about and hit your face or make a mess in a webby, dusty corner. If I had a button that would kill all the spiders in the world I'd press it with no regrets.
Reply 6
I think many years ago there was one in the toilet and I flushed him...
Original post by Bio 7
Spiders make webs that fly about and hit your face or make a mess in a webby, dusty corner. If I had a button that would kill all the spiders in the world I'd press it with no regrets.

But they eat flies and flies are infinitely more annoying (and disease ridden), buzzing around your ears and sitting on your food! I'm friends with any spider I come across.
The ones that don't make webs (the fast ones) prey on other insects, such as woodworm or ants which destroy your house/furniture. All spiders are beneficial to have in the house, can't you see that?
(edited 3 years ago)
I show no mercy to spiders and moths
Would you flush the toilet or take it out and put it out of the window (save it).

I saved the spider from the loo yesterday. When I was younger I used to flush the poor things done the loo. Feel so bad I used to do that!

Happened to me once, so I chucked a stick between the toilet lid and bowl, so when it closed it wouldn't close fully, so the spider would come up and I'd vacuum the spider if it isn't facing me in my direction and then pump it out the window, otherwise I'll have to shoot the thing with water for it to move into a different position or something in the bowl until I can do it then suck it up and pump it out.
l would pick it out the toilet bowl with my hands and put it out the bathroom window it might have babys
Flush it probably :hide:
Flush it.
Reply 13
Original post by LEETmotif
But they eat flies and flies are infinitely more annoying (and disease ridden), buzzing around your ears and sitting on your food! I'm friends with any spider I come across.
The ones that don't make webs (the fast ones) prey on other insects, such as woodworm or ants which destroy your house/furniture. All spiders are beneficial to have in the house, can't you see that?

No, flies annoy me but they don't scare me. I cannot stand spiders, they are too creepy.
Flush it, i try not to hurt spiders but im not sticking my hand down a toilet to rescue it
Original post by Bio 7

Tarantulas can be quite pretty (gooty sapphire tatantula). I dont find them scary depite them being bigger than true spiders. They look more animal like than true spiders like huntsmans and wolf spiders which look so creepy and alien.
Moths are the thinhs i hate they terrify me, reguarly splat them

i cant stand cobwebs. makes me sick. and spiders crawl everywhere up and down walls, ceilings. not just the floor. flies arent stationary and hide for long. eventually when you open a window it will leave.
GUYS THE MOST EFFICIENT WAY TO KILL A SPIDER IS TO GET ONE OF THOSE ELECTRIC TENNIS RACKETS FOR FLIES. IT BURNS THEM ALIVE AND NO MESS FROM SQUASHING OR CLEAN UP OR LETTING IT GET AWAY WHEN ATTEMPTING TO GRAB BY TISSUE, OR WORRYING ABOUT MAKING KIDS INSIDE YOUR HOOVER
Instant flush.
Reply 18
Flush. Im not sticking my hand in a toilet bowl.
Flush it. Spiders give me the creeps and I've told them to not come in my sight or I have to hoover them up.

Quick Reply

Latest