The Student Room Group

need some advice on what i’m doing for the next year

Hello, so as you know coronavirus destroyed a lot of students grades from what I heard, I felt like my grades were at least a little off (enough to stop me from studying my wanted course at Liverpool :/

What is your advice, I needed to get ABB, got 2 Bs and a C (i think i would have got ABB if I took the exams) but I checked law at Liverpool is now AAA?

Is it okay to retake independently, I was planning to retake 2 of my A levels and get the C and one of the Bs to a B and an A respectively. this year I took a gap year and deferred my place at uni at a decent uni (not the one i wanna go to) to work a job in the meantime so i can save up money for university, and that obviously means I can’t go to school while working..

i really want to go to liverpool and do law. give me some advice if you can
This is the same for me, i got BBC and i really want to do one of their honours select law courses. The entry is ABB. I have epq and AS but it is grade dependent, not ucas tariff :frown:
Original post by MrSoloDolo
Hello, so as you know coronavirus destroyed a lot of students grades from what I heard, I felt like my grades were at least a little off (enough to stop me from studying my wanted course at Liverpool :/

What is your advice, I needed to get ABB, got 2 Bs and a C (i think i would have got ABB if I took the exams) but I checked law at Liverpool is now AAA?

Is it okay to retake independently, I was planning to retake 2 of my A levels and get the C and one of the Bs to a B and an A respectively. this year I took a gap year and deferred my place at uni at a decent uni (not the one i wanna go to) to work a job in the meantime so i can save up money for university, and that obviously means I can’t go to school while working..

i really want to go to liverpool and do law. give me some advice if you can

Original post by elliejmcc12
This is the same for me, i got BBC and i really want to do one of their honours select law courses. The entry is ABB. I have epq and AS but it is grade dependent, not ucas tariff :frown:

you should both email the universities and ask how they feel about resit grades before making a decision.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
you should both email the universities and ask how they feel about resit grades before making a decision.

i really got robbed, february times i was getting high Bs verging on As in my B grade subjects and in my C one I was getting Bs, so easily by the time my exam time came i would have got abb i think

do you think abb in a result is fine for uni of liverpool
Reply 4

what uni and course you trying to do? do you feel hard done by the grades you got, i certainly do lol.

but in the meantime things are going really well, but i don’t know if the businesses i’m running are sustainable long term, and if i resist and get abb i can go to a good uni or get a good apprenticeship
i really got robbed, february times i was getting high Bs verging on As in my B grade subjects and in my C one I was getting Bs, so easily by the time my exam time came i would have got abb i think

do you think abb in a result is fine for uni of liverpool

if they've increased it to AAA now, then it might not be but you won't know unless you ask them
what uni and course you trying to do? do you feel hard done by the grades you got, i certainly do lol.

but in the meantime things are going really well, but i don’t know if the businesses i’m running are sustainable long term, and if i resist and get abb i can go to a good uni or get a good apprenticeship

If I took them this year then I could increase the 2 Bs maybe, but if I'm taking a year out I would rather spend it boosting my CV so I'm not sure i want to. I want to do one of their honour select courses, law and international politics and policy.
What about you
Reply 7
If I took them this year then I could increase the 2 Bs maybe, but if I'm taking a year out I would rather spend it boosting my CV so I'm not sure i want to. I want to do one of their honour select courses, law and international politics and policy.
What about you

are you going to take a year out or retaking at a school or independently?

i’ve fortunately secured a good temporary job but if i want to work and retake i have to drop my hours down so i’ll prob retake independently next year may

i want to do their law course, but online it says they ask for an AAA now :/

what sort of stuff are you doing to boost your cv and are you considering an apprenticeship
Reply 8
Original post by claireestelle
if they've increased it to AAA now, then it might not be but you won't know unless you ask them

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/law-llb-hons/entry-requirements/

i’ll email them today :/ it says AAA now it was lower last year
I'm taking a year out, but if I need to I have still got until the end of the month to book a retake and revise independently.
I applied for a job the other week so hopefully I'll get that, I'm also learning to drive etc.
I have completed an online course and some distant family have offered some hood work experience opportunities.
On another forum on here I read that liverpool can be quite lenient and somewhere else it said they let like 75% of their applicants through so I will probably still apply.
I'm not considering an apprenticeship at the moment but I might if worse comes to worse
What subjects did you do
I'm taking a year out, but if I need to I have still got until the end of the month to book a retake and revise independently.
I applied for a job the other week so hopefully I'll get that, I'm also learning to drive etc.
I have completed an online course and some distant family have offered some hood work experience opportunities.
On another forum on here I read that liverpool can be quite lenient and somewhere else it said they let like 75% of their applicants through so I will probably still apply.
I'm not considering an apprenticeship at the moment but I might if worse comes to worse
What subjects did you do

you literally sound like you’re in the exact same position as me.

you’re retaking in october or may next year? if i want to retake next year may when do i need to book it?

i’m also learning how to drive or at least i will real soon

i took history english and politics got C, B, B respectively
Are you doing the Law course by itself or are you doing a minor with it or anything cuz I dont know what you want to do after uni but a more specific course could help and have lower grade offers?
As I'm still in contact with my school, they have said that its 30th of september for next years exams. I would retake in may so i have more time
Those subject are all very relevant to law so you will have a better chance than I will tbh (business geog and rs)
Are you doing the Law course by itself or are you doing a minor with it or anything cuz I dont know what you want to do after uni but a more specific course could help and have lower grade offers?
As I'm still in contact with my school, they have said that its 30th of september for next years exams. I would retake in may so i have more time
Those subject are all very relevant to law so you will have a better chance than I will tbh (business geog and rs)

originally last year i applied for straight law, which was an ABB last year but it seems as if it’s an AAA this year, i probably will look i to courses with law major and another minor if it means i have a better chance getting there, i’ll have to have a look though

if my school doesn’t let me, where else can i retake my exams at for next year? sorry i’m clumsy with this type of stuff lol

and yeah my subjects are relevant but if my grades are short it doesn’t mean anything lol
originally last year i applied for straight law, which was an ABB last year but it seems as if it’s an AAA this year, i probably will look i to courses with law major and another minor if it means i have a better chance getting there, i’ll have to have a look though

if my school doesn’t let me, where else can i retake my exams at for next year? sorry i’m clumsy with this type of stuff lol

and yeah my subjects are relevant but if my grades are short it doesn’t mean anything lol

Where else did you apply? Most colleges will let you I think? Idrk. If not you can just do it independently and apply to do it at an exam centre.
Yeh true ahhah, unfortunately
Where else did you apply? Most colleges will let you I think? Idrk. If not you can just do it independently and apply to do it at an exam centre.
Yeh true ahhah, unfortunately

I have a deferred place at reading next year, it’s a decent university pretty happy I got it but It’s not the one I wanted, i wanted to go to an RG too uni and reading isn’t that

i’m emailing a few schools now, trust me this year my life is getting sorted out lol

u holding any places?
I have a deferred place at reading next year, it’s a decent university pretty happy I got it but It’s not the one I wanted, i wanted to go to an RG too uni and reading isn’t that

i’m emailing a few schools now, trust me this year my life is getting sorted out lol

u holding any places?

Reading is above Liverpool on the uni rankings for law, but yeh like you said its not a Russel group uni.
Same, i wasn't ready to go this year.
Nope, which is why im worried. I got all my offers last year and got unconditionals too but they were to unis really low on the league tables and i hadn't looked round anywhere so i just rejected them all.
Reading is above Liverpool on the uni rankings for law, but yeh like you said its not a Russel group uni.
Nope, which is why im worried. I got all my offers last year and got unconditionals too but they were to unis really low on the league tables and i hadn't looked round anywhere so i just rejected them all.

yes it is but i still think liverpool is a better uni by w fairly significant margin, rankings aren’t everything h but general prestige and russell group status are things that stick

if you remember a few years ago kent was something like 20s in UK’s ranked universities OVERALL, now they’re much lower so ranking changes all the time

and 100% going to a uni that isn’t prestigious is generally not worth it, you pay so much money for uni might as well aim for a top one or might as well go to a n apprenticeship IMO, everyone has a degree nowadays
I didnt even think about that lol, literally everyone goes to uni so if you are aiming for a bigger career then you have to go to like top unis, ugh.
I didnt even think about apprenticeships for law either. I need to do so much more reading wow, what's an IMO?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending