The Student Room Group

I'll give u relationship advice :))

If youu have any relationship problems, don't be scared to say and I will be happy to help :smile:)
I know a lot of people feel insecure, so you can give advice on that.
Reply 2
First they have to come into terms that they are insecure, and they have these insecurities. So basically, Pause and take a self-assessment of themselves.

Once they have come into terms with themselves, they should practice self approval and facing the fears they have. This can be difficult, but with patience and a lot of support around them it is much easier.

Anything that has occurred in the past is the past, it shouldn't overwhelm you not take over you. You have to face these problems and not delve into them any further. Move on.

Remember, it takes time but trust yourself and take small steps into facing each insecurity. It is quite a long process as, it is in your head that this is what I am afraid off so take your time and take as long as you need but remember to try every single day.

I hope this makes sense and helps a bit more x
Original post by Anonymous
First they have to come into terms that they are insecure, and they have these insecurities. So basically, Pause and take a self-assessment of themselves.

Once they have come into terms with themselves, they should practice self approval and facing the fears they have. This can be difficult, but with patience and a lot of support around them it is much easier.

Anything that has occurred in the past is the past, it shouldn't overwhelm you not take over you. You have to face these problems and not delve into them any further. Move on.

Remember, it takes time but trust yourself and take small steps into facing each insecurity. It is quite a long process as, it is in your head that this is what I am afraid off so take your time and take as long as you need but remember to try every single day.

I hope this makes sense and helps a bit more x

Sounds like good advice. Would you recommend talking to the partner about it or not?
I personally wouldn't talk to my partner about it if I was insecure but would probably recommend others to, as hypocritical as that seems.
Reply 4
I defo recommend you speak to the partner as I know it is hard but I think you should. You will get more a lot more moral support this way as well.
I defo recommend you speak to the partner as I know it is hard but I think you should. You will get more a lot more moral support this way as well.

I knew you'd say that, I don't totally agree. Sometimes it is good to, other times you'll be highlighting things the partner would otherwise never have noticed, or you'll be making the insecurities at the forefront of the partners mind. It's your own struggle, for you to work on, don't see why you should dump that on the partner and have them feel like they have to help you. I think you can most likely deal with it yourself and only if you have a genuinely huge insecurity which you yourself cannot deal with then to talk with the partner who can support you, whilst you take the majority of its weight.
If youu have any relationship problems, don't be scared to say and I will be happy to help :smile:)

say if you hurt someones feeling over 10 years ago and they had a very long standing grudge against you over it, would you apologise to them, even if you havent seen them in 2-3 years but have been feeling guilty the whole time.

There's a guy that I really like that's a few months younger than me and because I'm grey-romantic (meaning it is extremely rare for me to find someone that I actually have feelings for) it's the first time I've felt like this in 5 years. I really want to go for it, but I'm scared and I don't know how I would even go about trying to win him over.
in not in a relationship but give me some advice anyway, im very much a single pringle :smile:
Reply 9
say if you hurt someones feeling over 10 years ago and they had a very long standing grudge against you over it, would you apologise to them, even if you havent seen them in 2-3 years but have been feeling guilty the whole time.

You should defo discuss it with them and say how you feel along with apologizing. If they still have a grudge with you, or just disregard your apology then you have done your part and move on. You shouldn't worry too much on it.
There's a guy that I really like that's a few months younger than me and because I'm grey-romantic (meaning it is extremely rare for me to find someone that I actually have feelings for) it's the first time I've felt like this in 5 years. I really want to go for it, but I'm scared and I don't know how I would even go about trying to win him over.

I suggest you go in. Simply, tell the person the truth and how you feel. Do not be scared, if you truly like this person shoot your shot and explain to them the situation. It can be scary to tell them, but take your time and do not rush it. Slowly, give subtle hints if you don't want to dive in immediately but at one point explain everything to them.
in not in a relationship but give me some advice anyway, im very much a single pringle :smile:

When people say that give 100% in a relationship. Give 90% instead. That sounds weird but, you need to be selfish and look at yourself in that 10%.
Remember to love yourself and look at yourself.
Put effort in the relationship, show that you want them, love them & care for them. When you aren't throwing yourself in it causes misconceptions and the other person may think they are making the first moves and it can cause arguments.
Communication is obvious and trust because without that it isn't a relationship. You don't need to tell them every detail, but at least tell them so there isn't any accusations or any arguing.
Respect is key. Respect their choices, opinion & respect who they are and their individuality.
There is a lot more but this just sums up most of those key points. I hope tis helps :smile:
I want to be better friends with @artful_lounger but I don't know if our interests align (one of us is a major nerd). I also feel like there's a generation gap between us, so the friendship would steer toward a parental (dad-son) relationship instead. What would you advise?
Original post by Quick-use
I want to be better friends with @artful_lounger but I don't know if our interests align (one of us is a major nerd). I also feel like there's a generation gap between us, so the friendship would steer toward a parental (dad-son) relationship instead. What would you advise?

I'M NOT THAT OLD :angry:

Also mr grandmaster LoL player remind me which of us is the nerd again? :tongue:
i have a tsr crush
i have a tsr crush

Pm them and explain it. If you want off course :smile:
Original post by artful_lounger
I'M NOT THAT OLD :angry:

Also mr grandmaster LoL player remind me which of us is the nerd again? :tongue:

I didn't realise you had Wi-Fi at your old folks' home, dad.

P.S. I'm not the one that does daily raids with his assassin squadron... :tongue:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Quick-use
I didn't realise you had Wi-Fi at your old folks' home, dad.

P.S. I'm not the one that does daily raids with his assassin squadron... :tongue:

It's only three times a week :tongue: I think I'd die if I had to raid every day...

Also I do the opposite of assassination xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending