The Student Room Group

Ucas offer

I applied today (17th Sep) for Mechanical Engineering in
-university of manchester
-university of bristol
-university of sheffield
with A Level 3A* and AS 4A

How long do I have to wait for the offer
If they give you an offer, it could be within a few weeks - or it could be March.

Your application will be scored, and ranked alongside other applicants, then the Uni will gradually start to make offers. If your application is further down the list, it'll take longer for you to get your offer. This is quite normal, and it doesnt mean the Uni doesnt want you, just that they haven't got to you yet.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
If they give you an offer, it could be within a few weeks - or it could be March.

Your application will be scored, and ranked alongside other applicants, then the Uni will gradually start to make offers. If your application is further down the list, it'll take longer for you to get your offer. This is quite normal, and it doesnt mean the Uni doesnt want you, just that they haven't got to you yet.

Which part of the list will I be?
(According to your prediction, looking at the unis and my results)
Original post by Aung
Which part of the list will I be?
(According to your prediction, looking at the unis and my results)

Depends on how good your PS and references are - and how good everyone else's are.
All three of those Unis are competitive for Engineering.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Depends on how good your PS and references are - and how good everyone else's are.
All three of those Unis are competitive for Engineering.

U mean u can't predict only by looking at grades?
Original post by Aung
U mean u can't predict only by looking at grades?

No of course not - its your whole application that they will look at, not just your grades.
Is this for starting this year or next year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending