The Student Room Group

Visiting family with boyfriend

Is it rude to visit family members with your boyfriend all the time?
I think I depends on how your family are around your boyfriend, for me one of my ex’s my family adored but another ex they weren’t so keen on.
If you’re feeling guilty for always being around them with him maybe make time to see them every now and again on your own, obviously it doesn’t have to be every time but maybe it would but your mind at rest.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I think I depends on how your family are around your boyfriend, for me one of my ex’s my family adored but another ex they weren’t so keen on.
If you’re feeling guilty for always being around them with him maybe make time to see them every now and again on your own, obviously it doesn’t have to be every time but maybe it would but your mind at rest.

It’s kind of an awkward situation. I hadn’t seen my family in 10 years as we fell out and lost contact and now they reached out to us again because of some devastating news. I’ve seen them once with my boyfriend.

It’s awkward cause I see my boyfriend only on weekends and my family only go to see them on weekends. So it’s like I have to pick. And on one hand I shouldn’t give up my weekends all the time with my boyfriend because my family want to bother again. But at the end of the day they are still my family
It’s kind of an awkward situation. I hadn’t seen my family in 10 years as we fell out and lost contact and now they reached out to us again because of some devastating news. I’ve seen them once with my boyfriend.

It’s awkward cause I see my boyfriend only on weekends and my family only go to see them on weekends. So it’s like I have to pick. And on one hand I shouldn’t give up my weekends all the time with my boyfriend because my family want to bother again. But at the end of the day they are still my family

That is pretty difficult, and I’m not entirely sure what to suggest. Is there any reason they’d be unhappy with you visiting all the time with your boyfriend or is it just you, yourself feel guilty about it?
Reply 4
That is pretty difficult, and I’m not entirely sure what to suggest. Is there any reason they’d be unhappy with you visiting all the time with your boyfriend or is it just you, yourself feel guilty about it?

A mixture of both. I don’t really know them that well anymore to know what they think
A mixture of both. I don’t really know them that well anymore to know what they think

On one hand you have every right to have your boyfriend there for Moral support and to also have him spend time with your family and get to know them better. But if you’re feeling as though you should spend time with them and just rekindle your relationship then maybe going a couple of times without your boyfriend is the right choice.
Reply 6
Original post by Mdavies03
On one hand you have every right to have your boyfriend there for Moral support and to also have him spend time with your family and get to know them better. But if you’re feeling as though you should spend time with them and just rekindle your relationship then maybe going a couple of times without your boyfriend is the right choice.

Thanks. I’m still confused on what’s the right decision. It’s not a nice position to be in
Did any members of your family invite your bf or say that they want to get to know him?
If so, then it is not rude to come with him as long as he is happy to visit.
Reply 8
Original post by londonmyst
Did any members of your family invite your bf or say that they want to get to know him?
If so, then it is not rude to come with him as long as he is happy to visit.

He was invited last time but it was a family gathering. so I’m not sure about now When I just go up to visit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending