The Student Room Group

Look so ugly

21, M, South Asian and just did my photo for a provisional driving license, but just can't help but feeling like it looks awful. I'm not really photogenic, don't seem to have a good track record with photos and have been hung up over my appearance for the last couple of years now.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
21, M, South Asian and just did my photo for a provisional driving license, but just can't help but feeling like it looks awful. I'm not really photogenic, don't seem to have a good track record with photos and have been hung up over my appearance for the last couple of years now.

I'm sorry to hear this dude. I am ugly too! I know it feels difficult (and honestly, we all judge ourselves so harshly, you probably arent even ugly!). Either way, I like to look at is as: "I'm glad I'm ugly". It has forced me to work on other parts of myself. More important parts. There's no point in worrying about things you cant control. You might as well shift your focus onto things you can, and do something about that instead. My dms are always open if you need me. I know how it feels. Every photo of me is god awful lol. :biggrin::biggrin:
Well tbf it’s rare for someone to look good in their driving license photo.

I know me and my friends make jokes about our license pictures because we all look awful in them lol. I wouldn’t take it too seriously.

But, also assuming that you aren’t being too harsh on yourself and the label “ugly” reflects the reality of your looks, I think that no matter what someone looks like that through taking care of themselves they can look decent. So gymming, eating healthy, finding a style that suits their features, and maintaining personal hygiene. It’s easier said than done, ofc, but the point is that route is available.

And, anyway, remember that you are your harshest critic and most people are too invested in thinking about how they look or their trivialities/ life to scrutinise your appearance. There really is much more to life than looking visually appealing or being imprisoned by the worry of others not finding us visually appealing. Good luck :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Synergy.x
Well tbf it’s rare for someone to look good in their driving license photo.

I know me and my friends make jokes about our license pictures because we all look awful in them lol. I wouldn’t take it too seriously.

Literally^^ Everyone looks like a frog or a potato or a hybrid of both in those pics. Theres no escape :biggrin::biggrin: You are so right with your reply too!
Reply 4
Original post by nursingstudentuk
I'm sorry to hear this dude. I am ugly too! I know it feels difficult (and honestly, we all judge ourselves so harshly, you probably arent even ugly!). Either way, I like to look at is as: "I'm glad I'm ugly". It has forced me to work on other parts of myself. More important parts. There's no point in worrying about things you cant control. You might as well shift your focus onto things you can, and do something about that instead. My dms are always open if you need me. I know how it feels. Every photo of me is god awful lol. :biggrin::biggrin:

Yeah that's true, you have to work on other aspects that are in your hands so maybe I should channel my energy towards those. I'm willing to bet you're not ugly; if you're a guy it's just style but if a girl, I actually think most girls are attractive so maybe it's just you telling that to yourself but touched by your openness.
I just had my photo taken for my job ID card and it’s made up of like 3 pixels. Makes me look like ice jj fish. But usually these types of pictures never come out looking good so dw.
Yeah that's true, you have to work on other aspects that are in your hands so maybe I should channel my energy towards those. I'm willing to bet you're not ugly; if you're a guy it's just style but if a girl, I actually think most girls are attractive so maybe it's just you telling that to yourself but touched by your openness.

well thank you. I'm a female lol. I hope that helped a bit ^^
Reply 7
well thank you. I'm a female lol. I hope that helped a bit ^^

Ah okay cool. Huh? What do you mean
Ah okay cool. Huh? What do you mean

Ah I'm just mentioning I'm a female as you asked, not that I think it matters anyway mind you! and just saying I hope my original comment helped :biggrin:
Bro get a skinfade, maintain good skin and try to whiten teeth with baking soda

Well if you are from South Asia then I am guessing that you will have dark hair and brown eyes that is a beautiful combination right away 😁!
Original post by Julesandjasmine
Well if you are from South Asia then I am guessing that you will have dark hair and brown eyes that is a beautiful combination right away 😁!

Yeah it's not too bad, but if your facial features are average and you have a round face then it doesn't do much to help :frown:

I myself am not haha. I am from England. I have white skin (but not super pale, kind of yellowish in areas really), with dark brown hair and light blue eyes.

Original post by Morebalanation

Also what do you mean a skinfade...? Like, skin bleaching? I wouldnt recommend that to anyone. its totally unnecessary and I've heard it can be really dangerous??
Yeah it's not too bad, but if your facial features are average and you have a round face then it doesn't do much to help :frown:

Is there anything you can do to enhance your good features? For example I know I have nice eyes so I always wear mascara to make my large blue eyes look even bigger and I hide or disguise the things I don't like about myself
I myself am not haha. I am from England. I have white skin (but not super pale, kind of yellowish in areas really), with dark brown hair and light blue eyes.

Also what do you mean a skinfade...? Like, skin bleaching? I wouldnt recommend that to anyone. its totally unnecessary and I've heard it can be really dangerous??

A skin fade is a haircut , looks good on most males.
Original post by Morebalanation

I used to have a fade but not sure it'll hold up for going to work. Good skin yeah probably work on my diet-the teeth thing im not too sure about
Is there anything you can do to enhance your good features? For example I know I have nice eyes so I always wear mascara to make my large blue eyes look even bigger and I hide or disguise the things I don't like about myself

Well I have a beard but the growth on the sides isn't great and it grows back fairly quickly. Does frame my face a little better when trimmed so I guess there's that, but haircuts are pretty regular because again my hair seems to grow back within no time. Not sure, I think compared to even people I know I end up just looking a little weird; never really taken seriously
Ah I'm just mentioning I'm a female as you asked, not that I think it matters anyway mind you! and just saying I hope my original comment helped :biggrin:

I see, yeah makes sense now was just curious :tongue:

It definitely did; may have to take you up on the PM offer if I continue to feel bad
Looks forever
Original post by پاسبان پاكستان
Looks forever

Wait what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending