The Student Room Group

Can I be moved to a levels from betc ?

So soon I’m starting college soon and I’m doing betc however I was suppose to do A levels but I couldn’t do it as i didn’t achieve grade 5 in English lan so I got moved to betc

I’m thinking of retaking English language as I got downgraded and didn’t get the grade I wanted so I was wondering if I retake English language can they move me to my a levels I don’t really want to do betc becuz im not use to it and I’m not really a coursework person

Can anyone give advice wht I should do?
Can I be moved to some how a levels ?
It’s not my fault I couldn’t sit my exams I wanted to as I know I wouldn’t have gotten good grades but I couldn’t.

Scroll to see replies

either way a btec gives you an alevel. when i did level 3 uniformed public services (2 year course but i could leave after 1st year with 1 alevel or do the 2 yrs and get 3 )

btec aren't that bad, what course are you doing and what career choice do you want to go into?
Original post by CXURTNEYRYAN
either way a btec gives you an alevel. when i did level 3 uniformed public services (2 year course but i could leave after 1st year with 1 alevel or do the 2 yrs and get 3 )

btec aren't that bad, what course are you doing and what career choice do you want to go into?

So I’m doing betc law business and a level sociology well after college I want to go uni and study law degree
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Imstressed24/7
So soon I’m starting college soon and I’m doing betc however I was suppose to do A levels but I couldn’t do it as i didn’t achieve grade 5 in English lan so I got moved to betc

I’m thinking of retaking English language as I got downgraded and didn’t get the grade I wanted so I was wondering if I retake English language can they move me to my a levels I don’t really want to do betc becuz im not use to it and I’m not really a coursework person

It’s not my fault I couldn’t sit my exams I wanted to as I know I wouldn’t have gotten good grades but I couldn’t.

Up to the school.

If it was only English then why not ask to do 2x A levels and 1 BTEC subsid diploma?
Don’t listen to them, if you wanna become a lawyer you’re going to need them A levels because when applying for a training contract most law firms expect a grade of AAB or minimum ABB. i wish i knew this at your age young blood. DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID
Original post by Thehoodfamous
Don’t listen to them, if you wanna become a lawyer you’re going to need them A levels because when applying for a training contract most law firms expect a grade of AAB or minimum ABB. i wish i knew this at your age young blood. DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID

So wht do I do ?
I’m retaking English language and lit exam anyways cuz I think I can get a better grade but I don’t think even if I tell them they wouldn’t let me 🥺😣
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
Up to the school.

If it was only English then why not ask to do 2x A levels and 1 BTEC subsid diploma?

I need grade 5 to do business and law 😭😭😭
I need grade 5 to do business and law 😭😭😭

I think BTEC are fine as long as you arent after the elite unis.
The nuclear option is simply to redo GCSE so they let you do A level next year if you believe A level is so important.
I think BTEC are fine as long as you arent after the elite unis.
The nuclear option is simply to redo GCSE so they let you do A level next year if you believe A level is so important.

Can’t they just let me do it for now cuz I’m going to be retaking in October and getting my results in January it’s just gonna be waste of time if I redo a whole year if tht makes sense
Can’t they just let me do it for now cuz I’m going to be retaking in October and getting my results in January it’s just gonna be waste of time if I redo a whole year if tht makes sense

Up to the school. Ask them. get your parents involved.
So I’m doing betc law business and a level sociology well after college I want to go uni and study law degree

you can still go to university after college, just aim for the best and highest grades you can! you can do it :smile:
Reply 11

Stick with the BTEC, you can still get into tons of universities for Law. Also, you're not even guaranteed of getting a higher grade in English Language.
Original post by CXURTNEYRYAN
you can still go to university after college, just aim for the best and highest grades you can! you can do it :smile:

Thank you so much I attended my first business class today and I quite liked it so I think I’ll stick to my options :smile:
Thank you so much I attended my first business class today and I quite liked it so I think I’ll stick to my options :smile:

thats great to hear :smile:

I was in the same situation as you! I got downgraded in my English Literature. I got a 4 even though I got 6s in all my mocks. This then affected my entry into sixth form. I am now in college doing a BTEC level 3 which is similar to a-levels just more focused on one specific area. Is there anything specific that you want to do career wise?
Original post by Morgan.mcc45
I was in the same situation as you! I got downgraded in my English Literature. I got a 4 even though I got 6s in all my mocks. This then affected my entry into sixth form. I am now in college doing a BTEC level 3 which is similar to a-levels just more focused on one specific area. Is there anything specific that you want to do career wise?

To be honest I don’t know but I kind of want to go into law but I don’t think I’ll be able to though
To be honest I don’t know but I kind of want to go into law but I don’t think I’ll be able to though

how come? you can do a BTEC in applied law?
Original post by Morgan.mcc45
how come? you can do a BTEC in applied law?

Yes I am doing applied law
Yes I am doing applied law

You will still be able to get into most unis with btec.
If you cnat manage a 5 in GCSE, then the type of unis you would be missing out on are unlikely to interest you anyway.
You will still be able to get into most unis with btec.
If you cnat manage a 5 in GCSE, then the type of unis you would be missing out on are unlikely to interest you anyway.

I’m just gonna give my best in college now and try to get D*

Quick Reply

Latest