The Student Room Group

Can I apply to an AAB university with ABB predicted?

Can I do that or can I not?
If so, is the likelihood of being accepted for it very slim?
Reply 1
You can. If the university wants you a lot, you may get an offer but it may be AAB. You will need to bring one of your Bs to A in order to meet the offer.
I am going to apply for an A*A*A course with A*AA predictions, but my (IAL) UMS marks for Physics on past papers are very high (I got 120/120 on half of the papers), so the uni may think the school underestimated me and will give me an offer if I managed around 280-300 UMS in the AS exam.
I was a retake student previously had grades EEU. so I planned to retake and I had nobody to give me predicted grades as I was sitting them privately without a tutor. so basically I had ZERO predicted grades. i called up the unis and they said that I cant apply without predicted grades. so me being stubborn I still applied to top unis like imperial, kings, ucl. and I got offers from imperial and kings.so no it doesn't matter.... just make sure your personal statement is REALLLLLLLY GOOOOD and show how passionate you are.
Original post by Anonymous
I was a retake student previously had grades EEU. so I planned to retake and I had nobody to give me predicted grades as I was sitting them privately without a tutor. so basically I had ZERO predicted grades. i called up the unis and they said that I cant apply without predicted grades. so me being stubborn I still applied to top unis like imperial, kings, ucl. and I got offers from imperial and kings.so no it doesn't matter.... just make sure your personal statement is REALLLLLLLY GOOOOD and show how passionate you are.

So you applied without predicted grades?I am planning to do this for one of my subjects so would just like to know how it went .
So you applied without predicted grades?I am planning to do this for one of my subjects so would just like to know how it went .

I Just asked my referee to write in my reference the reason why I don't have predicted grades for my subjects

and now I'm going to kings :smile:

just make sure that you PS is gooood and that it stands out
I Just asked my referee to write in my reference the reason why I don't have predicted grades for my subjects

and now I'm going to kings :smile:

just make sure that you PS is gooood and that it stands out

Congrats for getting into kings, it is a a great uni. This is exactly what I am planning to do for my Maths A level as I am self teaching the subject, I will definitely mention this to my referee . I am applying to universities that aren't as hard to get into as kings so I should be fine. Thank you for letting me know someone else has had success in a similar situation.
Congrats for getting into kings, it is a a great uni. This is exactly what I am planning to do for my Maths A level as I am self teaching the subject, I will definitely mention this to my referee . I am applying to universities that aren't as hard to get into as kings so I should be fine. Thank you for letting me know someone else has had success in a similar situation.

try your best and never give up. don't let any one tell you otherwise. I believe in you!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending