The Student Room Group

Is it possible to go from BBC to AAB in 8 months?

I got BBC for my a-levels this year. I am re-sitting 2 privately and self-teaching for 8 months. I'm also working a part-time job around 15hrs per week. Apart from this, I have no other commitments.

Do you think it's possible for me to go from a B to an A, and a C to an A alone in 8 months?

For context, at GCSE I got: 997777665 and my AS grades for the two subjects were B/B. I was predicted A/B in year 2.

Thanks
Original post by anonymoustony
I got BBC for my a-levels this year. I am re-sitting 2 privately and self-teaching for 8 months. I'm also working a part-time job around 15hrs per week. Apart from this, I have no other commitments.

Do you think it's possible for me to go from a B to an A, and a C to an A alone in 8 months?

For context, at GCSE I got: 997777665 and my AS grades for the two subjects were B/B. I was predicted A/B in year 2.

Thanks

That is totally do able yeah. Plus your GCSEs are really good and suggest you should be able to get As in A Level.

May I ask which subjects they are? Hope it all goes well :smile:
anything is possible if u put ur heart to it :smile:
Ah good luck! Currently in year 13 and hoping to get my grades up too!!! I know you're resitting, but still a similar journey x
Original post by richmaths
That is totally do able yeah. Plus your GCSEs are really good and suggest you should be able to get As in A Level.

May I ask which subjects they are? Hope it all goes well :smile:

Thank you! I'm retaking Law (B) and History (C).
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
Ah good luck! Currently in year 13 and hoping to get my grades up too!!! I know you're resitting, but still a similar journey x

Thanks, and you!
Thanks, and you!

Pwhat subjects are you doing?

Thanks

yeah it's definitley possible but you'll have to work hard. thing that makes mist high achievers stand out is the amount of practice questions they do x so I'd recommend that. I'm retaking a year cause of some personal issues last year, and I'm hoping to go from predicted ABB but probably achieving more around BBC level to getting A*A*A*
Original post by asdfgkillmenow
yeah it's definitley possible but you'll have to work hard. thing that makes mist high achievers stand out is the amount of practice questions they do x so I'd recommend that. I'm retaking a year cause of some personal issues last year, and I'm hoping to go from predicted ABB but probably achieving more around BBC level to getting A*A*A*

yeah, I agree. I'm planning on going over the content from start to end and finishing it by mid feb latest, then until may just do exam questions. good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest