The Student Room Group

CS university choices ? Are they good ?

So I'll be applying for computer science in Cambridge and Imperial but obvs the chances of getting into either of them is pretty low considering how competitive they are but its worth trying considering my application is pretty strong and I have the grades. (I'm applying after Year 13)
Are UCL, Durham and St Andrews good choices for the rest ?
Yes they are good choices, if you are interested in one with a little less competition as a back up, York (my uni) is one I'd recommend. I have a friend doing comp sci there and absolutely loves it, really happy with the department. The department is on East Campus which has by far the nicest accommodation and loads of green spaces and lakes. It's a little quiet but regular free bus services to the (main) West Campus. Just a suggestion of course, your options are outstanding but make sure you have a good back up just in case 😊
Reply 2
Original post by historynerd47
Yes they are good choices, if you are interested in one with a little less competition as a back up, York (my uni) is one I'd recommend. I have a friend doing comp sci there and absolutely loves it, really happy with the department. The department is on East Campus which has by far the nicest accommodation and loads of green spaces and lakes. It's a little quiet but regular free bus services to the (main) West Campus. Just a suggestion of course, your options are outstanding but make sure you have a good back up just in case 😊

Haha yes I did realise they were all bit too competitive but I didn't know which other ones to put. thank you so much for the recommendation I'll definitely check out York and probably Bristol as well I think. thank you for describing the campus as well :h:
Original post by ayeshasam
Haha yes I did realise they were all bit too competitive but I didn't know which other ones to put. thank you so much for the recommendation I'll definitely check out York and probably Bristol as well I think. thank you for describing the campus as well :h:

That's all right, aim high! Yeah have a look, they might not be for you but who knows? :smile: Good luck
Original post by ayeshasam
So I'll be applying for computer science in Cambridge and Imperial but obvs the chances of getting into either of them is pretty low considering how competitive they are but its worth trying considering my application is pretty strong and I have the grades. (I'm applying after Year 13)
Are UCL, Durham and St Andrews good choices for the rest ?

Good in what sense? If you just want to see league tables, you can Google and check through however many you want. If you're asking about things like suitability, that's a more complex question. Look at the course content. Is that stuff you want to do? Will it help you get the job you want? Etc.
Reply 5
Original post by AcseI
Good in what sense? If you just want to see league tables, you can Google and check through however many you want. If you're asking about things like suitability, that's a more complex question. Look at the course content. Is that stuff you want to do? Will it help you get the job you want? Etc.

Okay thank you ! I will be looking more into the courses. Particularly on what they do in the third year and stuff ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending