The Student Room Group

Is it possible to learn a level content through Youtube videos alone?

especially for physics, economics and computer science?
economics I suppose
physics yes but I found the textbook useful

computer science- no f****** clue
Original post by Chaos126forever
especially for physics, economics and computer science?

I doubt it because you aren't really engaging with the content by just watching the videos. You'll need to be doing activities, questions, scenarios etc. You should use them in addition to other resources.
Original post by DrawTheLine
I doubt it because you aren't really engaging with the content by just watching the videos. You'll need to be doing activities, questions, scenarios etc. You should use them in addition to other resources.

What exactly should I be doing to engage with content?
What exactly should I be doing to engage with content?

Testing yourself, answering questions, condensing the notes, doing worksheets and activities etc.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Testing yourself, answering questions, condensing the notes, doing worksheets and activities etc.

Should I be making notes off my textbook? Is that a way of engaging or should I just read and test myself?
Should I be making notes off my textbook? Is that a way of engaging or should I just read and test myself?

It depends really. I personally liked taking notes from the textbook and then condensing those notes down to the core bits of info. Then from those condensed notes I would make flashcards/quizzes and test myself on them. I learned best by writing it down first however others can learn just fine by reading.

Quick Reply

Latest