The Student Room Group

Which A level should I drop?

Due to COVID - I only have one lesson each week for each subject. I am taking Sociology, English Literature & Religious Studies.

I missed my first RS lesson due to quarantine (I had to self isolate for 14 days I was unwell. No I don't have corona). First English Lit & Sociology lesson were pretty straightforward. I got a 9 in both my English GCSES so I feel confident I won't be too overwhelmed. Plus I love English. Sociology was enjoyable and fun.

However, I had my first RS lesson and given that I missed my first lesson wasn't too great for me. Other students had missed the lesson too but seemed pretty on board. Me on the other hand I was completely lost. I'm doing the OCR board - I got an 8 in RS. Naively assumed it would be similar as it is not Philosophy. Literally thought I was just going to be learning about religions like GCSE. I genuinely want to smack myself in the face. I tried to catch up at home all day, I've watched over 10 Youtube videos trying to understanding key concepts like Plato's Theory Of Forms, The cave Allegory. Nothing is going through my head. I'm a pretty quick learner and open minded yet I just don't understand RS A level at all. I asked some family members who got an A/A* and they explained the concepts. I still don't understand it. I'm thinking of switching to Politics as that was an option I was going to take for A level but was told it would be 'better' to take RS as I've done a GCSE in it.

I think if I am struggling this early on - it will be harder for me.

I know every A level has its hardships and there is no such thing as an 'easy' A level. I feel super down and frustrated and don't want to leave this decision to the last minute if I DO change to politics.

Anyone had any experience with this? Which did you find more difficult?
go with your gut. Although if you do the enjoy the subject but you are just struggling that's normal.
Original post by royalty1702
go with your gut. Although if you do the enjoy the subject but you are just struggling that's normal.

I'm not enjoying it at all.
Original post by DonTalkToMe
I'm not enjoying it at all.

then I think you know what to do

Quick Reply

Latest