The Student Room Group

anyone else having trouble finding a apprenticeship or is it just me?

probably not as much emplyers coz i heard there's another lockdown is gonna happen.😫
just go to uni

Spoiler

I have found its a good idea to look at the list of apprenticeship standards before looking at specific employers and what they are offering. The standards are the approved outlines of all apprenticeships in the UK, think there are over 500. Have a google for the Institute of Apprenticeships to find the full list. This is good because then you can research for a specific apprenticeship name that you know exists like Marine Pilot. On the webpage for each standard there is also a list of employers who made the standard so you could check out their websites!

Hope this helps
Original post by royalty1702
just go to uni

Spoiler

thank you but i could never do uni seems a little too expensive.

Spoiler

Original post by Azurekalyani
thank you but i could never do uni seems a little too expensive.

Spoiler

is that your concern? You can always get loans and guess what? The amount you repay back depends on how much you earn. If you earn less than a particular amount you don;t to repay at all.
Original post by royalty1702
is that your concern? You can always get loans and guess what? The amount you repay back depends on how much you earn. If you earn less than a particular amount you don;t to repay at all.

it's not just that, i don't work well with studying, memorising and exams i prefer actually doing things. and also I do know a few people who are in their 30s and are still in uni debt.
Yes mate don't listen and go to uni, what types of apprenticeships are you looking at? I applied for a few last year and got lucky. There are definitely fewer this year, the best way forward is to apply for as much as you can, widen you're criteria to give you options - even if you later decline.
Original post by Native087
Yes mate don't listen and go to uni, what types of apprenticeships are you looking at? I applied for a few last year and got lucky. There are definitely fewer this year, the best way forward is to apply for as much as you can, widen you're criteria to give you options - even if you later decline.

mostly something to do with engineering, carpentry and maybe woodworking.
Depends for example I'm doing another year of. College as I wait and apply for degree apprenticeships,
mostly something to do with engineering, carpentry and maybe woodworking.

I presume you are aware of the government website: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch

I believe you will find lots of suitable options depending on where you desired location to work is.

Tulip
Original post by Native087
I presume you are aware of the government website: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch

I believe you will find lots of suitable options depending on where you desired location to work is.

Tulip

ah yes i was just searching for one, I found a few ill try them out but some the working are little tooo long. keeping coming back to see if there's any new vancancies but hardly any there just the same old ones 😬 its probably coz of this virus.
probably not as much emplyers coz i heard there's another lockdown is gonna happen.😫

Original post by Sasha Malone
I have found its a good idea to look at the list of apprenticeship standards before looking at specific employers and what they are offering. The standards are the approved outlines of all apprenticeships in the UK, think there are over 500. Have a google for the Institute of Apprenticeships to find the full list. This is good because then you can research for a specific apprenticeship name that you know exists like Marine Pilot. On the webpage for each standard there is also a list of employers who made the standard so you could check out their websites!

Hope this helps

theres a list here of the most common employers and when their applications open for finance here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ApprenticeshipsUK/comments/iqyyh1/accounting_finance_apprenticeship_employers_2021/
and technology here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ApprenticeshipsUK/comments/iqz9mx/technology_apprenticeship_employers_2021/
hmm ill keep looking but maybe there will be better luck next year. employers look like they're more likely take apprentices then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending