The Student Room Group

Over stressing or pregnant?

Had sex with my bf on my first and second fertile day. (4 or 5 days away from my ovulation date.) we used condoms and we checked them and there were no breakages/ holes. We didn’t feel anything slip or break and we didn’t see anything broken.

Now it’s 9 days past my ovulation, 5 days before my period. For 4 days I have been feeling sick, headaches, high temperature, peeing frequently and having some cramps.

However I can’t tell if 5 days after ovulation is too early to experience these things. It could be PMS/ pre period related or because I’m worrying so much maybe I’m bringing some of these symptoms on.

I took the early detection first response test today. (5 days before period). It looked like a clear negative.

Since I still feel strange I don’t know what to do. Is it likely that it’s pregnancy or not?
You're probably not pregnant - seems like you're massively overthinking that - but the rest doesn't seem great. It could be stress but maybe go to 111 online and run through symptoms there to see what it suggests.

Even if you were pregnant, wouldn't have thought such symptoms would come on so quickly, it's usually from around 6 weeks onwards...
Seems far to early to be having a reaction like that. 99% not pregnant in my eyes. Really don't worry at all until you miss a period or something similar.
Original post by Anonymous
Had sex with my bf on my first and second fertile day. (4 or 5 days away from my ovulation date.) we used condoms and we checked them and there were no breakages/ holes. We didn’t feel anything slip or break and we didn’t see anything broken.

Now it’s 9 days past my ovulation, 5 days before my period. For 4 days I have been feeling sick, headaches, high temperature, peeing frequently and having some cramps.

However I can’t tell if 5 days after ovulation is too early to experience these things. It could be PMS/ pre period related or because I’m worrying so much maybe I’m bringing some of these symptoms on.

I took the early detection first response test today. (5 days before period). It looked like a clear negative.

Since I still feel strange I don’t know what to do. Is it likely that it’s pregnancy or not?

it's a bit early to get full on pregnancy symptoms but it's also early to get a positive test, take another test when you're periods due and that should be an accurate answer. Also bare in mind "fertile days" aren't a perfect science even if you're using tests to try and know when you're ovulating so if you feel too anxious just from condoms perhaps consider a second contraception option.
Reply 4
Original post by Paralove
You're probably not pregnant - seems like you're massively overthinking that - but the rest doesn't seem great. It could be stress but maybe go to 111 online and run through symptoms there to see what it suggests.

Even if you were pregnant, wouldn't have thought such symptoms would come on so quickly, it's usually from around 6 weeks onwards...

I went on 111 online but it just asks me questions and doesn’t fully suggest what the symptoms could add up to :frown: I’m so worried :frown: :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by fallen_acorns
Seems far to early to be having a reaction like that. 99% not pregnant in my eyes. Really don't worry at all until you miss a period or something similar.

I really hope I’m not since I did a test yesterday and it was negative, maybe it’s a bit early but it was an “early detection” test. As far as we could know, nothing went wrong and it’s not like we had unprotected sex or did it on my exact ovulation day. My cycle is usually 28 or 27 days every month so I can usually predict the day or know where it will be +/-1 or 2 days
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
it's a bit early to get full on pregnancy symptoms but it's also early to get a positive test, take another test when you're periods due and that should be an accurate answer. Also bare in mind "fertile days" aren't a perfect science even if you're using tests to try and know when you're ovulating so if you feel too anxious just from condoms perhaps consider a second contraception option.

Yes that’s very true but so far my cycle has always been 28 or 27 days so can usually predict quite well but now I’m so worried that something has gone wrong :frown: :frown: but I don’t know how I could feel all of these symptoms already at this stage....
Yes that’s very true but so far my cycle has always been 28 or 27 days so can usually predict quite well but now I’m so worried that something has gone wrong :frown: :frown: but I don’t know how I could feel all of these symptoms already at this stage....

I have a 28 day cycle and got pregnant in the month we really thought we hadn't timed it right so it is possible for your body to ovulate early randomly one month. Five days before my period I had one tiny bout of nausea and i m told that's unusual, hold off a couple more days and take a test again.
Reply 8
Original post by claireestelle
I have a 28 day cycle and got pregnant in the month we really thought we hadn't timed it right so it is possible for your body to ovulate early randomly one month. Five days before my period I had one tiny bout of nausea and i m told that's unusual, hold off a couple more days and take a test again.

Ok thank you I will do..
My mum was 18 when she had me and was studying to be a nurse so idk
This is not a diagnosis, but rather to reassure you that there are less life-changing explanations for your symptoms: it is possible to contract a urinary tract infection after sexual activity. The symptoms you describe, and the timeframe you have given, do align in a way that this sounds plausible. It's worth calling your local doctor's surgery to see if you are able to get a nurses appointment. If they're not doing face-to-face appointments right now then you might at least be able to drop off a urine sample. I would suggest doing this just for your own peace of mind!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by sinfonietta
This is not a diagnosis, but rather to reassure you that there are less life-changing explanations for your symptoms: it is possible to contract a urinary tract infection after sexual activity. The symptoms you describe, and the timeframe you have given, do align in a way that this sounds plausible. It's worth calling your local doctor's surgery to see if you are able to get a nurses appointment. If they're not doing face-to-face appointments right now then you might at least be able to drop off a urine sample. I would suggest doing this just for your own peace of mind!

I also did this last month and they said there was no infection. Maybe this month there is an infection though. But it doesn’t hurt to pee, but I am peeing a lot and have tummy pains etc
:frown:
And now I have bad chest pain :frown:
And now I have bad chest pain :frown:

have you been tested for the corona virus?
Original post by fallen_acorns
have you been tested for the corona virus?

No :frown:
YOU more likely have covid19 than to be pregnant
YOU more likely have covid19 than to be pregnant

But I have no cough or loss of smell/ taste that’s why I think it’s more likely pregnancy :frown: :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending