The Student Room Group

Migrant worker

Good afternoon,

hope you are all well :smile:

Could you please help me with an answer?

I have moved in the UK 5 months ago, i work full time and i have applied for an undergraduate course. I was accepted and now i am working on my application.
Can i apply for maintenance loan ? What is the minimum amount of time that i need to be in UK for to get maintenance loan?

thanks!
Original post by cristinaeb
Good afternoon,

hope you are all well :smile:

Could you please help me with an answer?

I have moved in the UK 5 months ago, i work full time and i have applied for an undergraduate course. I was accepted and now i am working on my application.
Can i apply for maintenance loan ? What is the minimum amount of time that i need to be in UK for to get maintenance loan?

thanks!

Hi Cristinaeb, we hope your well too.
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Cristinaeb, we hope your well too.
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac,

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with? Global Banking School, Manchester,
2. How old you are. 52yo
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK. romanian, 6 months, working full time
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold. highschool diploma

thanks
Hi Isaac,

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with? Global Banking School, Manchester,
2. How old you are. 52yo
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK. romanian, 6 months, working full time
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold. highschool diploma

thanks

When does your course start?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
When does your course start?
Thanks, Isaac

October :smile:

i was already accepted, just wondering if i can also apply for maintenance loan.

thanks
October :smile:

i was already accepted, just wondering if i can also apply for maintenance loan.

thanks

Congrats on being accepted - as long as you were in the UK before the 01/09 then you can apply for a Maintenance Loan as a Migrant Worker. You can find out more information about the criteria and evidence here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

If you were in the UK after the 01/09 then you are ineligible to apply for any Maintenance Loan for the duration of the course.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
Congrats on being accepted - as long as you were in the UK before the 01/09 then you can apply for a Maintenance Loan as a Migrant Worker. You can find out more information about the criteria and evidence here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

If you were in the UK after the 01/09 then you are ineligible to apply for any Maintenance Loan for the duration of the course.
Thanks, Isaac

lovely, thank you Isaac :smile:

have a lovely day.
lovely, thank you Isaac :smile:

have a lovely day.

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending