The Student Room Group

A second wave coming??

I wonder why maybe it’s the fact tht schools reopened people are not even wearing masks maybe pubs idk no vaccine that’s safe maybe idk I could be wrong??????!!!??

Scroll to see replies

Most people are careless and we have a core of people now trying to make things worse, National Lockdown II will be announced within 72 hours.
the second wave is already here, look at the number of cases per day
My face when I read the news today -> :frown: :cry2: :bawling:
Reply 4
No it's most likely not down to schools, many countries that had reopened schools had second peaks way later than what you would expect from schools reopening, there simply isn't any proof schools significantly increase spread, obviously it does a little but it's not massive.

It's more down to people getting fed up of restrictions and the human desire to be within licking distance of each other.

The biggest mistake the government made was hoping people would follow the rules , but it's so outwards of human nature it was never going to work.

Hey ho everyone will be bearing the consequences :h:
Reply 5
It's not coming, it's now
No, it's much simpler.
Mass flouting of the most basic common sense precautions necessary during a pandemic.
I believe that in many countries far more people will die in the second wave than during the first.

Too many people are deliberately making a habit of: physically touching random strangers without asking first, sharing drinks containers/personal workout equipment attending large gatherings and entering/remaining within crowded venues or conditions.
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
IMO the biggest mistake was the people we/England chose to govern us, they're all F-ing charlatans and creeps, and we've gave up any attempts to control them or hold them to any laws or rules, they couldn't give a toss who else loses their lives, loved ones or careers and the changing lies they spit up every week or so are little help. (F-king Moonshot™? Circuit Breaker©? can we get some adults please?)

Oh don't get me wrong the government are incompetent but the public have a large part to play in it too, the government should of been more direct and less wishy-washy but it's the public who catch the disease and those which are spreading it. Gone are the days of personal responsibility and common sense, we shouldn't need the government to tell us what to do, but definitely what they have told us to do has been very unhelpful. But hey ho I don't support any UK political party and feel most if not all parties with their current members would still of been appalling.
Reply 8
Honestly I agree with all of u guys I hope you guys stay safe it all been scary really but uno
Reply 9
Original post by Mesopotamian.
My face when I read the news today -> :frown: :cry2: :bawling:

Same it was expected tho
Original post by Max1989
Oh don't get me wrong the government are incompetent but the public have a large part to play in it too, the government should of been more direct and less wishy-washy but it's the public who catch the disease and those which are spreading it. Gone are the days of personal responsibility and common sense, we shouldn't need the government to tell us what to do, but definitely what they have told us to do has been very unhelpful. But hey ho I don't support any UK political party and feel most if not all parties with their current members would still of been appalling.

I get your point, and these are all at the end of the day, stupid human people, but the government are literally unable of being direct and not wishywashy, they'd never have made it into the current cabinet which is based on how loyal you are to the PM face otherwise.

Can you think of any other time where people like Williamson, Patel, Gove, Raab would still be in their jobs let alone in government? They've all previously been sacked, been caught in public doing the dodgy or just talking utter pish and they're STILL our government, and lets not even get started on Mr Cummings our criminal deputy PM that we have 0 say over.

And anyone wonders why the UK is getting it in the neck :mad:
Original post by Max1989
No it's most likely not down to schools, many countries that had reopened schools had second peaks way later than what you would expect from schools reopening, there simply isn't any proof schools significantly increase spread, obviously it does a little but it's not massive.

It's more down to people getting fed up of restrictions and the human desire to be within licking distance of each other.

The biggest mistake the government made was hoping people would follow the rules , but it's so outwards of human nature it was never going to work.

Hey ho everyone will be bearing the consequences :h:

Yikesss exactly some people didn’t even wash their hands after they go to the toilet. Stay safe ig that’s all I can say
Original post by StriderHort
I get your point, and these are all at the end of the day, stupid human people, but the government are literally unable of being direct and not wishywashy, they'd never have made it into the current cabinet which is based on how loyal you are to the PM face otherwise.

Can you think of any other time where people like Williamson, Patel, Gove, Raab would still be in their jobs let alone in government? They've all previously been sacked, been caught in public doing the dodgy or just talking utter pish and they're STILL our government, and lets not even get started on Mr Cummings our criminal deputy PM that we have 0 say over.

And anyone wonders why the UK is getting it in the neck :mad:

Exactlyyy!! It’s so annoying
Original post by londonmyst
No, it's much simpler.
Mass flouting of the most basic common sense precautions necessary during a pandemic.
I believe that in many countries far more people will die in the second wave than during the first.

Too many people are deliberately making a habit of: physically touching random strangers without asking first, sharing drinks containers/personal workout equipment attending large gatherings and entering/remaining within crowded venues or conditions.

you can't fix stupid; you can only laugh at it.
Original post by MalcolmX

It's hard to laugh at it when it's going to fk you. My boss almost burned down our worksite today due to a basic misunderstanding of controlled fire, it would have been a right chuckle of all my tools and future employment weren't in there.
Original post by learner38
Same it was expected tho

Yeah, still depressing though :frown:
Original post by MalcolmX

I'll put this another way, you can fix the stupid with physical force, it's just a matter of long your willing to let others stupidity directly hurt you. I'm pretty close already as i've lost my loved ones and i'm allowed to be heavily armed for work.
Because there's literally nothing you can do about COVID-19 at this point bar a vaccine so people don't care anymore. I can say without a shred of guilt that I don't care. I have to get on with my life and so do the rest of the people on this Earth. Lockdown just won't work anymore, the virus is too widespread. Embrace it. Most people on this website won't even know when they get COVID-19. And yes, it's a 'when', not an 'if'. Everyone on this site WILL get it at some stage, and none of them will die unless they are 60 or over, in which case what are they doing on this site?
Original post by londonmyst

jesus.. I've not seen anyone doing this.. You've seen this? I'm not scared of covid but thats just gross. And even though Im not scared of it, I can at least process that some people are and I generally try to stay away from people wearing masks etc. I cant imagine just going and touching up strangers!?? Hello? Yes is this the police?
Original post by nursingstudentuk
jesus.. I've not seen anyone doing this.. You've seen this? I'm not scared of covid but thats just gross. And even though Im not scared of it, I can at least process that some people are and I generally try to stay away from people wearing masks etc. I cant imagine just going and touching up strangers!?? Hello? Yes is this the police?

Yes, over the last 72 hours I've had multiple strangers touch me.
So many people in Fulham, Harrow, Morden and Uxbridge seem to have abandoned all common sense.

This morning I found a group of idiots with visitor cards for different floors crammed into a small conference room sharing snacks, bottled drinks and reusing cups without even washing them out.
I dread to think how often the three exercise bikes in the workout area are being used or cleaned, the cleaning crew haven't been in since May.

My friend's two children are 8 & 6, trying to distance and asking if they need to start wearing gloves to stop people making skin contact when they go outside. Their little brother isn't even allowed outside beyond the garden.
I hear from friends outside London that similar things are happening in parts of Burnley, Bolton, Hull, Leicester, Salford and Newcastle.

Quick Reply

Latest