The Student Room Group

help me please

so i’m speaking to a guy, we haven’t met but we have a rlly strong connection and we both like each other. pls don’t judge me but he asked me to be his gf yesterday i said yes but then i panicked and said we should wait until we meet. i think i really upset him, i went to bed last night feeling really terrible and woke up but my mood hadn’t changed. i was thinking about him today and i made my mind up i wanna b with him i told him i was sorry about the other night but he said the same thing that i said and said that we should wait until we meet. i came home feeling really upset, i was crying for a few hours. idk what to do and i feel like maybe i’m being overdramatic
No, you did the right thing!

You have never really met him in person, so defo you should get to know him better in person and then decide whether he should be your boyfriend.
Reply 2
How far apart do you live and how old is this person?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
That was probably the right option. If hes upset over that its his own issue, you didnt do anything wrong.
When do you both plan to meet up?
Reply 4
Original post by Kerzen
How apart do you live and how old is this person?

not too long and late teens
Original post by Kerzen
How apart do you live and how old is this person?

Actually, this is the most important thing to take in mind.
You did what you felt was right. That is such a good thing! You would have been stressed being in the relationship now & meeting him would defo be much more of an eye opner to see if you really do like this boy because people can be different in person. Do not feel terrible! I hope you okay xx
Reply 7
Original post by LovelyMrFox
That was probably the right option. If hes upset over that its his own issue, you didnt do anything wrong.
When do you both plan to meet up?

soon hopefully but i’m scared about it i just don’t know if he will like me
Reply 8
Original post by deadroseex
You did what you felt was right. That is such a good thing! You would have been stressed being in the relationship now & meeting him would defo be much more of an eye opner to see if you really do like this boy because people can be different in person. Do not feel terrible! I hope you okay xx

thank you for the advice xxxxx
Reply 9
Are you confident that this person is who he says he is?
Reply 10
Original post by rozzer090
soon hopefully but i’m scared about it i just don’t know if he will like me

He seems to like you a lot. Be yourself, nervousness is normal but dont let it overtake you.
Reply 11
Original post by Kerzen
Are you confident that this person is who he says he is?

yeh i’ve seen a photo of him
Reply 12
yeh i’ve seen a photo of him

Here's a idea, could you two do a meeting on Zoom?
Reply 13
Original post by Kerzen
Here's a idea, could you two do a meeting on Zoom?

yeh i could
Reply 14
yeh i could

To be honest, that would be the safer option in so many ways.

Could you say to him tomorrow that you think it would be fun to do a Zoom meet up and ask when he would be free?
Reply 15
Original post by Kerzen
To be honest, that would be the safer option in so many ways.

Could you say to him tomorrow that you think it would be fun to do a Zoom meet up and ask when he would be free?

okay
Reply 16
okay

Let us know what he says.

If he presses for a meeting in person and refuses to Zoom, give some thought as to why that might be.
Reply 17
Original post by Kerzen
Let us know what he says.

If he presses for a meeting in person and refuses to Zoom, give some thought as to why that might be.

i’ve seen his face on snapchat too but i will see if i have time tonorrrow
No I think it’s fine because u haven’t met him, just tell him that u like him but it’s important u don’t rush into things first but u do want to have a relationship with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending