The Student Room Group

Exam boards for Spanish

Which exam board is better for A level Spanish?
Edexcel or AQA?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Thanks Jessica!
I do edexcel a level spanish and I think it's good, idrk the differences between that and aqa tho
Reply 4
I'm pretty certain AQA is more popular, but I can't find the link to prove it.
I think AQA has very similar content to Edexcel. But the speaking cards for Edexcel look soo much better than aqa since they are shorter. With aqa it’s really difficult to read through both photo cards, pick one and then answer all 3 questions in 5 mins . It’s doable but the Edexcel speaking exam appealed more to me . The exams are mainly the same anyway .
Reply 6
Original post by studioso
I think AQA has very similar content to Edexcel. But the speaking cards for Edexcel look soo much better than aqa since they are shorter. With aqa it’s really difficult to read through both photo cards, pick one and then answer all 3 questions in 5 mins . It’s doable but the Edexcel speaking exam appealed more to me . The exams are mainly the same anyway .

Thanks for the replies!
I heard that one Edexcel was more focused on language and AQA more on culture and literature? Is that true?
Reply 7
Original post by Betty Blue
Thanks for the replies!
I heard that one Edexcel was more focused on language and AQA more on culture and literature? Is that true?

They both have to comply with Ofqual's requirements so there isn't going to be a huge difference but I don't know more than that.
Thanks for the replies!

You're welcome ! I would say perhaps its the other way round. I mean I did AQA but always compared it to edexcel and think that AQA focus on language more whilst Edexcel is more content heavy. Thats just what I think tho :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by studioso
You're welcome ! I would say perhaps its the other way round. I mean I did AQA but always compared it to edexcel and think that AQA focus on language more whilst Edexcel is more content heavy. Thats just what I think tho :smile:

Hmmmm interesting! I'm almost fluent in Spanish so am keen to do the one heavy on language which would be to my advantage.
I'm trying to do it in one year (7 months actually) am I crazy???
Hmmmm interesting! I'm almost fluent in Spanish so am keen to do the one heavy on language which would be to my advantage.
I'm trying to do it in one year (7 months actually) am I crazy???

Wow that’s great ! 7 months ? It does seem like a short amount of time to do a lot of work. I mean if you haven’t got any other subjects to study for and you can solely focus on Spanish then I would say it’s definitely possible to get a good grade but you’d probably have to study quite intensely as it’s not just about knowing the language but undertaking a research project, studying 2 books or 1 book and film in addition to revising content for the exam . :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest