The Student Room Group

University flat parties

Anyone else’s uni throwing flat parties like every night obviously this wouldn’t be a problem if covid wasn’t here but a student on my campus has already tested positive for the virus and I can only imagine it getting worse
Report to residential services if your Uni has told you to stick to your bubbles.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Report to residential services if your Uni has told you to stick to your bubbles.

Security are well aware of what’s happening every night. They do shut down the parties if they find out about it but people just go to a different flat and have a party there.
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone else’s uni throwing flat parties like every night obviously this wouldn’t be a problem if covid wasn’t here but a student on my campus has already tested positive for the virus and I can only imagine it getting worse

You mean the uni is sponsoring them? Is it teh kind with musical chairs and bobbing apples or the type of keyring parties, squeaky talk and white substances?

Flat parties with flat mates allowed.
Flat parties with socially distancing outsiders allowed per your group of six.

Guess the wardens will be busy plus neighbours wont be happy when floors are forced into quarantine. Students will be students though.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
You mean the uni is sponsoring them? Is it teh kind with musical chairs and bobbing apples or the type of keyring parties, squeaky talk and white substances?

Flat parties with flat mates allowed.
Flat parties with socially distancing outsiders allowed per your group of six.

Guess the wardens will be busy plus neighbours wont be happy when floors are forced into quarantine. Students will be students though.

No I meant people on my campus living in halls are throwing flat parties every night. I know parties with your own flatmates is okay but if there’s a flat party then people from other flats will go to that flat and it’ll be like 30 people in a small kitchen.
No I meant people on my campus living in halls are throwing flat parties every night. I know parties with your own flatmates is okay but if there’s a flat party then people from other flats will go to that flat and it’ll be like 30 people in a small kitchen.

Then report them or ask the hall management/ porters why they arent doing anything. Its going to come as a big shock when you have to start self quarantining.
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
Then report them or ask the hall management/ porters why they arent doing anything. Its going to come as a big shock when you have to start self quarantining.

Like I said to the other post, security is well aware. I don’t think uni can do much because as much as you tell people not to do something it’s up to them if they listen or not. I’m not looking forward to having to quarantine but it’s inevitable unfortunately
well what can you expect? I knew this would happen when unis started again
Like I said to the other post, security is well aware. I don’t think uni can do much because as much as you tell people not to do something it’s up to them if they listen or not. I’m not looking forward to having to quarantine but it’s inevitable unfortunately

Do some shopping and store some of the essentials in your room.
Make a complaint to the uni.
In the exact same situation right now, need to be up 8am tomorrow any they're blasting music, laughing, shouting and non-stop talking in the kitchen opposite my room. Worried that they might mess with my food and stuff. Absolutely insane how disrespectful and ignorant people can be.
Original post by abcthrowaway123
In the exact same situation right now, need to be up 8am tomorrow any they're blasting music, laughing, shouting and non-stop talking in the kitchen opposite my room. Worried that they might mess with my food and stuff. Absolutely insane how disrespectful and ignorant people can be.

Totally get you! I have classes tomorrow too and there’s ppl outside my flat blasting music on their speakers and shouting. I’ve called security and they’ve done nothing. Don’t think uni cares. People are so ignorant
Totally get you! I have classes tomorrow too and there’s ppl outside my flat blasting music on their speakers and shouting. I’ve called security and they’ve done nothing. Don’t think uni cares. People are so ignorant

I'll be starting this week and this makes me worried :frown:
Original post by royalty1702
I'll be starting this week and this makes me worried :frown:

Best thing you can do is report to security and hopefully they will do something. Don’t be worried there’s not much you can do, there’s going to be inconsiderate people everywhere you go especially at uni where there is a huge culture of partying and drinking everynight

Dont grass, ur roommates will find out.

I would suggest that the usual ‘turn a blind eye’ etiquette does not apply during a global pandemic.

As above they should 100% be reported, (and the OP has already done so). It’s a health risk to students, staff and families of both.

It’s not even my roommates or my flat. It’s the ppl from other flats like upstairs
Not sure why people who move into halls are expecting things to be any different to how they normally are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending