The Student Room Group

are entry requirements flexible?

I am in year 13 but did my maths A-level in year 12 and got an A and I would not like to retake. However the course I want to do (joint honours international relations and maths at St Andrews) requires an A* in maths on the UCAS website even though an A would be enough to get into maths on its own.

I am doing further maths, chemistry and geography at the end of this academic year.

Is there any chance that I could still get in to that course? I know that still applying might be wasting an option but I can't find the same course at any other universities.
(edited 3 years ago)
First of all - check the entry requirements on the University's OWN website.
Third party websites, including UCAS, often have mistakes.

If its the same on their website then its worth emailing St Andrews and and pointing out that A* issue - it doesn't appear very logical, and may be a mistake.

Don't just apply and hope for the best - always check in this sort of situation.
Original post by LucyAStevenson
I am in year 13 but did my maths A-level in year 12 and got an A and I would not like to retake. However the course I want to do (joint honours international relations and maths at St Andrews) requires an A* in maths on the UCAS website even though an A would be enough to get into maths on its own.

I am doing further maths, chemistry and geography at the end of this academic year.

Is there any chance that I could still get in to that course? I know that still applying might be wasting an option but I can't find the same course at any other universities.

As far as I can see an A* grade at A-level IS required for single honours Maths. Where are you seeing this differently? In any case, as suggested above, contact admissions as they might look favourably at the fact you are taking FM.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending