The Student Room Group

How to answer a 'How far do you agree question'?

I do edexcel igcse history and still have no clue how to answer this kind of question.

Also I've been using flashcards but i feel like when I do unit tests, I can only remember what is exactly on my flashcard (which I make from the textbook) and I can't exactly link ideas together or think of causation or effects unless they are blatantly written in my flashcards/textbook.

Thank you!
Original post by jennanotion
I do edexcel igcse history and still have no clue how to answer this kind of question.

Also I've been using flashcards but i feel like when I do unit tests, I can only remember what is exactly on my flashcard (which I make from the textbook) and I can't exactly link ideas together or think of causation or effects unless they are blatantly written in my flashcards/textbook.

Thank you!

I did edexcel gcse history but the questions are similar I think ( I got a 9 at gcse if that means anything to you). Basically start with a short introduction about whether you agree with the statement. If you agree I recommend writing 2 paragraphs about why you would agree and 1 about why you disagree with the statement as this shows that you are considering both sides (obviously do this the other way round if you disagree) then all you need is a conclusion summarising your argument, make sure this agrees with your introduction otherwise you may lose marks. If you PM me I’m happy to read through any answers you have written and help you improve 😊
Reply 2
Original post by Emily~3695
I did edexcel gcse history but the questions are similar I think ( I got a 9 at gcse if that means anything to you). Basically start with a short introduction about whether you agree with the statement. If you agree I recommend writing 2 paragraphs about why you would agree and 1 about why you disagree with the statement as this shows that you are considering both sides (obviously do this the other way round if you disagree) then all you need is a conclusion summarising your argument, make sure this agrees with your introduction otherwise you may lose marks. If you PM me I’m happy to read through any answers you have written and help you improve 😊

Hey!
Thank you so much this is so helpful :smile:
Do you have tips to remember information without memorising the textbook? I feel like I've memorised the textbook to the point where if it's not explicitly written down, I wouldn't be able to think of it in a test.
Original post by jennanotion
Hey!
Thank you so much this is so helpful :smile:
Do you have tips to remember information without memorising the textbook? I feel like I've memorised the textbook to the point where if it's not explicitly written down, I wouldn't be able to think of it in a test.

Well this is the method I did and it’s kinda weird but it worked really well for me, so I basically made mindmaps for every topic/section and from this used the mind maps to tell a “story” of what happened so out loud I would basically tell myself what events happened and any dates etc. Then I would talk about the consequences of them and so on until I’ve described the whole topic. I know this is really weird but it worked for me and I think saying stuff out loud really helps you o remember things and help to link things together 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending