The Student Room Group

Anyone want to study with me?

Hey, so I have my Year 11 pre-mocks coming up next week and the week after and also my Textiles coursework due on Wednesday. We’ve been given very little time to revise, less than a week for maths, and I have soooooooo much to do.

If you made it through that ramble, thank you. So this weekend I’m attempting to study for 30 hours between now and Monday and I would love someone to study with and just chat to on this thread, ofc not for all that time (it’s mad - always look after yourself over any studying) but just for some company and so we can motivate each other :smile:
sure im goin into yr10 but ill study with you!
i would love to occupy you while you your studying. im currently studying for my year 12 mocks which are 4 days away.
Original post by jacobutting
i would love to occupy you while you your studying. im currently studying for my year 12 mocks which are 4 days away.

Aww thank you so much, we got this! How is studying going for you today??
Original post by nikkiblonsky
sure im goin into yr10 but ill study with you!

Thank you so much - let’s study! How’s all your work and everything going for you?
Original post by Student_studies
Thank you so much - let’s study! How’s all your work and everything going for you?

its going good I've been writing english paragraphs just to get better
finally a student related question i feel like TSR has completely gone off what it was meant to be in the first place
its going good I've been writing english paragraphs just to get better

Glad it’s going well, I’ve been doing maths all day, after dinner I’m doing textiles coursework - gonna be a long night....

Side note: if you ever want help with English just pm me, I help people out on TSR with any English questions or marking etc if they want :smile:
hii I will surely study with you I'm revising for my year. 11 mocks coming up next month feel free to pm me x
^^^pss... I have taken English lang, mathematics and religious studies last year so I will probably be of more help with them x
(edited 3 years ago)
Aww thank you so much, we got this! How is studying going for you today??

ive think ive overdone it. ive done 14 hours of revision
Original post by jacobutting
ive think ive overdone it. ive done 14 hours of revision

Oh my gosh that’s amazing! Take a break now and look after yourself - I’ve done 11 today and I have soooo much more to go.....
Oh my gosh that’s amazing! Take a break now and look after yourself - I’ve done 11 today and I have soooo much more to go.....

How do you maintain concentration that long
How do you maintain concentration that long

Music, I know they say you should listen to clasical etc, but I have always found good songs make me feel so much better. I think with focussing, and me especially, I find that after a point I hit a flow period, where I am just fully concentrated and can maintain that for hours - like after say 20 mins of more distracted studying I will just start to focus, particularly with deadlines and exams. I find also, enjoying what you are doing makes it so much better, like for textiles I’ll always put on a movie or something in the background or sometimes with science, I’ll imagine I’m studying to be an intern in Grey’s Anatomy (best show!) and it may sound silly but it makes me feel a lot happier about what I’m doing, thus allowing me to maintain that concentration.
Side note: always remember to take breaks regularly, I would highly recommend blocks of 52 mins study and 17 mins break, I know it’s specific but research says it also helps peak focus. Some days also I’m not productive and don’t do anything, everyone needs different lengths of time to study; but remember self care is so important. Always look after you - you got this!
What do you think of this paragraph... what grade 9-1 would you give it also feedback would be appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest