The Student Room Group

Rufus the red's rogue ramblings - I gotsta get grades.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rufus the red
It's only the interior detail I did (I was tempted but as it's not for me I didn't do the exterior pipes) and I cleaned the metal pieces as they had got quite mucky.

You still did a nice job of it :h:
Original post by DiddyDec
You still did a nice job of it :h:

The bit that really gets me is the goldy bit as it's so obviously plastic (you can see the seams) and it is mucky on the top but I can't remove it by rubbing and anything harsher would scratch the coating off.
@LovelyMrFox @Sofie Rose @flumefan1 @Raptor Jesus @jellybellyb @parkerrr @DiddyDec @ecolier @Dell PC 2 @khadijaaaxxxx @Vardhan95 @Synergy~ @markovchain17 @Hellohsjakodsmka @Unicorn2020 @deadroseex @Chopinnocturne31Tell me if I forgot to tag you. :biggrin:

Important update:

1) We must hold a moment of silence for the dead fox I drive past on my way back from badminton training.

2) I bought (from Ebay - I'm not made of money) and fixed a Hornby train for a friend's birthday and added interior detail so here it is before I give it to him - sigh...

Spoiler

Damn, that's nice.:yep:
I used to go to a model railway club in my school.
The bit that really gets me is the goldy bit as it's so obviously plastic (you can see the seams) and it is mucky on the top but I can't remove it by rubbing and anything harsher would scratch the coating off.

You could go all out of replace in with brass fittings but it would likely cost you more than it is worth.
Original post by Dell PC 2
Damn, that's nice.:yep:
I used to go to a model railway club in my school.

I'd love there to be one at my school...
(or a 7 1/4 railway club...)
@LovelyMrFox @Sofie Rose @flumefan1 @Raptor Jesus @jellybellyb @parkerrr @DiddyDec @ecolier @Dell PC 2 @khadijaaaxxxx @Vardhan95 @Synergy~ @markovchain17 @Hellohsjakodsmka @Unicorn2020 @deadroseex @Chopinnocturne31Tell me if I forgot to tag you. :biggrin:

Important update:

1) We must hold a moment of silence for the dead fox I drive past on my way back from badminton training.

2) I bought (from Ebay - I'm not made of money) and fixed a Hornby train for a friend's birthday and added interior detail so here it is before I give it to him - sigh...

Spoiler

The precious fox ):

But wow, I am amazed by your creativity abilities!

Important update:

Spoiler

:rip:

That train is so cool though! How long did it take you?
You could go all out of replace in with brass fittings but it would likely cost you more than it is worth.

I'm too cheap to buy brass fittings for a present. :colone:
I am tempted to turn one on a lathe if I can get access to one at school. (I'm doing a DT GCSE but we can't do practicals because Covid.)
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
:rip:

That train is so cool though! How long did it take you?

I just removed the metal fittings and cleaned them down, added paint inside and fixed up and cleaned the mechanism. I didn't do much to it.
I'm too cheap to buy brass fittings for a present. :colone:
I am tempted to turn one on a lathe if I can get access to one at school. (I'm doing a DT GCSE but we can't do practicals because Covid.)

You get to use a lathe at school?!

Best we got was the laser cutter.
Original post by deadroseex
The precious fox ):

But wow, I am amazed by your creativity abilities!

Thanks. :biggrin:
I should try a Garratt next time... :colone:
You get to use a lathe at school?!

Best we got was the laser cutter.

I'm hoping to get to use it...

Laser cutters are great I've designed loads of stuff that I've got queued to make in the future...
I just removed the metal fittings and cleaned them down, added paint inside and fixed up and cleaned the mechanism. I didn't do much to it.

It’s still really cool! :biggrin:
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
It’s still really cool! :biggrin:

I'm just about to head off to the party so I'll say goodbye to it there.
I'm just about to head off to the party so I'll say goodbye to it there.

Ooh have fun :awesome:
R.I.P
Reply 96

Important update:

Spoiler

RIP :cry2:

Looks great, nice work :smile:
R.I.P

Fox
I have just got back from the party and I saw something so funny I must share it... :colone:
I was waiting to cross the road and I saw this guy on the most metal motorcycle ever. It was all black, had spikes on the mudguard, a skull moulded over the headlight, really high handlebars and was blaring death metal (the tasteless stuff where you have a guy grunting in as low a voice as possible). The guy was wearing studded leather and his black helmet had black spikes and black devil horns and a dark gold visor. At the moment this just seems like a guy 'embracing' his masculinity but behind him there was this woman who was easily taller than him.
I came to the conclusion that he was very short and had a severe case of LMS.

It might not be funny here but it gave me a chuckle at the time (he was about the same height as my friend whose birthday it was and he's at least half a foot shorter than me). :tongue:
I have just got back from the party and I saw something so funny I must share it... :colone:
I was waiting to cross the road and I saw this guy on the most metal motorcycle ever. It was all black, had spikes on the mudguard, a skull moulded over the headlight, really high handlebars and was blaring death metal (the tasteless stuff where you have a guy grunting in as low a voice as possible). The guy was wearing studded leather and his black helmet had black spikes and black devil horns and a dark gold visor. At the moment this just seems like a guy 'embracing' his masculinity but behind him there was this woman who was easily taller than him.
I came to the conclusion that he was very short and had a severe case of LMS.

It might not be funny here but it gave me a chuckle at the time (he was about the same height as my friend whose birthday it was and he's at least half a foot shorter than me). :tongue:

That guy seems scary .. spooky even. Aaaalso could you estimate his height? Just curious.

Quick Reply

Latest