The Student Room Group

non sexual dating as a muslim

am i allowed to date as a muslim. like just be with someone but be non sexual with them. is that still forbidden. also how far can we go
Original post by Anonymous
am i allowed to date as a muslim. like just be with someone but be non sexual with them. is that still forbidden. also how far can we go

I think you should speak to some more knowledgeable Muslims, maybe at your Mosque? This will give you accurate clarification. In terms of "how far can we go", I assume you mean in terms of sexual stuff/physical contact. I thought this was totally off-limits. I'm not Muslim though so I'm not certain but the impression I've been given by people is that any kind of physical contact or relationshippy dating is totally off limits.

Only date the person your gonna marry...
Only date the person your gonna marry...

How would you know you're going to marry them beforehand?

First of all, asking a thread about this issue is simply less efficient than actually researching it yourself. When someone provides you an answer, they themselves will have researched it for you. Why not just cut out the middle man, in which case is the person giving you the answer, and simply go to the source instead? This philosophy is what is done by many organisations to reduce costs, and so you should do the same, but with your time.

Secondly, may I ask why you are muslim in the first place? It is no coincidence that the majority of children follow the same belief system as the people they were brought up with, and so the children simply accept the belief, as they know nothing else or anything better. You need to realise that Islam, along with all religions, are man-made ideologies. There are a lot of reasons why these sort of belief systems begin, but are you seriously going to tell me that a book from 1500 years ago holds the answers to a universe that is 13.8 billion years old, according to science? You need to study the bigger picture, and explore all possible avenues with regards to your belief system. Do not blindly believe in something, and instead, take time to educate yourself on all of the possibilities on how the universe began.
Yes, it's allowed. Explore the town you live in and see what it's like and how society treats you. It's allowed. You still can be friends at the end of the day.
Yes, it's allowed. Explore the town you live in and see what it's like and how society treats you. It's allowed. You still can be friends at the end of the day.

Not sure I agree...
Are u Muslim?
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
How would you know you're going to marry them beforehand?

That’s why you don’t just date anyone, you’ve got to be careful and get to know them properly. As confusing as that may sound lol
It depends on your own religious beliefs, personal values, family traditions and sect.
My best friend is a follower of the liberal islamic sect led by the aga khan.
She dates, has friends of all different religious beliefs and her family don't have a tradition of cousin marriage or arranged marriage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending