The Student Room Group

Lae stratford 2021 applicants

heyyyy. to those applying to lae this year what are your predicted grades ? anyone feel free to ask questions maybe someone else will answer them.

Scroll to see replies

Moved to the Secondary school, sixth form and FE college forum :h:

I have a couple of friends in Year 13 at the LAE Stratford. It's for the tough cookies. :yep:

Best of luck to those of you applying! :hugs:
Thank youuuu. I would love for people who already attend to share their predicted grades mine are mostly 7’s with a couple of 8’s I was wondering if it was competitive enough.
Original post by RazzzBerries
Moved to the Secondary school, sixth form and FE college forum :h:

I have a couple of friends in Year 13 at the LAE Stratford. It's for the tough cookies. :yep:

Best of luck to those of you applying! :hugs:

Sorry I’m new to student room I don’t really know how to direcrlt replt to messages :/ my reply is ^^^
Original post by blueclouds2021
Thank youuuu. I would love for people who already attend to share their predicted grades mine are mostly 7’s with a couple of 8’s I was wondering if it was competitive enough.

Hey.
I'm in Year 12 right now...
If anyone has any Qs about LAE, feel free to ask me!
My predicted grades were mostly 7-9s and I got in. The best advice I can give any applicants is this: TAKE MOCKS SERIOUSLY!!
When I was in Y11, everyone was saying 'mocks don't matter, as long as you do well in the real thing'. Mocks, to an extent, matter even more than your GCSEs. They form the basis for your predicted grades, which is what LAE looks at when giving out interviews and condit offers. Regardless of how smart you are, start revising now. I was getting 4s in all three science so I spent a week watching freesciencelessons. Then my 3s turned into 9s. As long as you meet the entry requirements, you have a decent chance of getting in. https://www.lae.ac.uk/399/entry-requirements
Original post by IAmWorthy
Hey.
My predicted grades were mostly 7-9s and I got in. The best advice I can give any applicants is this: TAKE MOCKS SERIOUSLY!!
When I was in Y11, everyone was saying 'mocks don't matter, as long as you do well in the real thing'. Mocks, to an extent, matter even more than your GCSEs. They form the basis for your predicted grades, which is what LAE looks at when giving out interviews and condit offers. Regardless of how smart you are, start revising now. I was getting 4s in all three science so I spent a week watching freesciencelessons. Then my 3s turned into 9s. As long as you meet the entry requirements, you have a decent chance of getting in. https://www.lae.ac.uk/399/entry-requirements

How are the extra curricular opportunities at LAE? Also my school has moved mocks to a much later date so my predicted grades would be based on in class assessments
Original post by blueclouds2021
How are the extra curricular opportunities at LAE? Also my school has moved mocks to a much later date so my predicted grades would be based on in class assessments

There are loads of extra curriculars, and there's something for everyone. There's a wide range of 'games' from Duke of Edinburgh to football. I'm in the CCF, which is one of the many cool things offered by LAE. Eventually, I'll even get to fly a plane with a trained pilot!
There are lots of societies for you to get involved in, like BAME, LGBT, Ecology.
Clubs include stuff like Astrophysics, chess, debating, self defence...
There's a great sense of community that I didn't see at other sixth forms.

About your grades, LAE says 'We sort out the details of your grades directly with your school and will be accepting revised grades up until the 5th of February.' So u should be able to get someone from your school to get your application updated.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by username5380738
Hey.

hey, are LAE strict on the entry requirements? If I miss a grade by one can I still get accepted?
Reply 8
Hey! I’m in year 11 too and my predicted grades are
Biology- 8
Chemistry- 7
Physics-9
English Lit- 9
English Language- 9
Religious studies-9
Geography-8
Maths-7
Spanish-9
I want to do biology chemistry and spanish a level :smile:
Reply 9
Im predicted 567777899 i meet all the entry requirements but i dont think these are good enough to get in to LAE. Does anyone know anybody studying bio,chem,maths and physcology with these grades . Im predicted a 9 in bio and chem and a 7 in maths. Do you think ill be able to get in?
Reply 10
How hard is it to get a conditional offer at LAE
Reply 11
Original post by sdar1
Im predicted 567777899 i meet all the entry requirements but i dont think these are good enough to get in to LAE. Does anyone know anybody studying bio,chem,maths and physcology with these grades . Im predicted a 9 in bio and chem and a 7 in maths. Do you think ill be able to get in?

Your grades look high and it says on the website that they look at your top 8 predicted grades and compare it
It is mostly the interview you need to focus on to get the place (said by many forums) as you could have a high grade but if you do badly with your interview you won't get an offer.
One thing I read was to be confident in the interview and know what you are talking about and have hobbies that to talk about.
If there is no hobbies you can talk about how you like reading a book or something.
But with the current covid restrictions I am not sure if interviews would go on. Maybe online.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by GYA21
You should be able to get in as they look at your top 8 gcse predicted grades and compare it.
It is mostly your interview you need to focus on to get your place , as you could have a high grade but if you do badly with your interview you won't get an offer.
Be confident in your interview and know what you are talking about, have hobbies that you can talk about.
If you don't have any hobbies you can talk about how you like reading this book or something.
But with the current covid restrictions I am not sure if interviews would go on. Possibly online.

Oh thank you so much for this reply! My top grades are all 9s with one 8 (thankfully) I didn’t know they took the top 8!!! Do you go to lae x
Reply 13
Original post by ca_1234
Oh thank you so much for this reply! My top grades are all 9s with one 8 (thankfully) I didn’t know they took the top 8!!! Do you go to lae x

I looked on the entry requirements and that is what is stated, and from looking from hours and hours of lae forums people ha,ve high grades like all 9s but they dont get the place; the current year 12s at lae say to focus on your interview to secure your place. It also says on the website says the applicants will be judged on their average score of their 8 best gcse predicted grades.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by GYA21
I looked on the entry requirements and that is what is stated, and from looking from hours and hours of lae forums people ha,ve high grades like all 9s but they dont get the place; the current year 12s at lae say to focus on your interview to secure your place.

Ohhhh so the interview is most important? So you can still get in with bad grades (comparatively, of course) ?
Reply 15
Original post by ca_1234
Ohhhh so the interview is most important? So you can still get in with bad grades (comparatively, of course) ?

Probably as long as our top 8 grades have a good average. Maybe a grade 7
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 16
Hey everyone! I really want to go to LAE but I’ve heard how stressful it can be. This has made me question my application. I’m a person who stresses really easily, I’m really an introvert when it comes to the classroom environment with people I’m unfamiliar with, especially if it’s such a competitive environment like LAE Stratford is known to be. I’ve always had a problem with teachers picking on students in lessons, I’m sure I’ll get over that if I go. Any advice from LAE students or anyone in particular?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ev_gii
Hey everyone! I really want to go to LAE but I’ve heard how stressful it can be. This has made me question my application. I’m a person who stresses really easily, I’m really extrovert when it comes to the classroom environment with people I’m unfamiliar with, especially if it’s such a competitive environment like LAE Stratford is known to be. I’ve always had a problem with teachers picking on students in lessons, I’m sure I’ll get over that if I go. Any advice from LAE students or anyone in particular?

Hey, I'm applying there as well, you're not the only one questioning your application, I'm still worried my predicted grades won't be good enough :s-smilie:
What subjects are you planning on taking?
Original post by Ev_gii
Hey everyone! I really want to go to LAE but I’ve heard how stressful it can be. This has made me question my application. I’m a person who stresses really easily, I’m really extrovert when it comes to the classroom environment with people I’m unfamiliar with, especially if it’s such a competitive environment like LAE Stratford is known to be. I’ve always had a problem with teachers picking on students in lessons, I’m sure I’ll get over that if I go. Any advice from LAE students or anyone in particular?

I’m in the exact same position haha really worried my grades aren’t good enough :/
Reply 19
Original post by certi_db
Hey, I'm applying there as well, you're not the only one questioning your application, I'm still worried my predicted grades won't be good enough :s-smilie:
What subjects are you planning on taking?

Funnily enough, I just applied a few hours ago! I’m planning on taking English lit, psychology, history and history of art. How about you? Also good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending