The Student Room Group

Assignement help - PGCE

I have an assignment for my PGCE. It is 5000 words looking for some help/ advice in terms of content (ideas on what can go in each section). The assignment has three sections issues, current policies and statutory expectations. Below are the topics I have picked from a list provided for each.

How class sizes(issue), school exclusion/attendance(current policies) and national curriculum(statuory expectations) impacts( postive or negative) childrens learning and teachers behaviour.

Thank you
Original post by ashahassan99
I have an assignment for my PGCE. It is 5000 words looking for some help/ advice in terms of content (ideas on what can go in each section). The assignment has three sections issues, current policies and statutory expectations. Below are the topics I have picked from a list provided for each.

How class sizes(issue), school exclusion/attendance(current policies) and national curriculum(statuory expectations) impacts( postive or negative) childrens learning and teachers behaviour.

Thank you

That sounds like a big range of things to talk about, and they aren't that linked. Can you not just pick one to look at? Or are there topics that might link more clearly together?

What is meant by "Teacher behaviour" in the question? That seems like an odd way to phrase it.

I'm happy to help with some ideas, but I do think you may have an easier time picking three linked topics, rather than three disparate ones!
Original post by SarcAndSpark
That sounds like a big range of things to talk about, and they aren't that linked. Can you not just pick one to look at? Or are there topics that might link more clearly together?

What is meant by "Teacher behaviour" in the question? That seems like an odd way to phrase it.

I'm happy to help with some ideas, but I do think you may have an easier time picking three linked topics, rather than three disparate ones!

All the topics are very distorted and are not linked. From the way I have understood it teachers behaviour for example as the national curriculum can be structured it could restrict their creativity.

Thank you, ideas would be helpful
Original post by ashahassan99
All the topics are very distorted and are not linked. From the way I have understood it teachers behaviour for example as the national curriculum can be structured it could restrict their creativity.

Thank you, ideas would be helpful

Ah right I see.

So, for class sizes I would suggest:

-Large class sizes limit access to the teacher and limit activities (e.g. practicals in science).
-Students feel less valued if e.g. they don't have a proper desk space.
-Smaller class sizes allow teachers to spend more time one on one or with individuals.
-Smaller class sizes are likely to lead to better behaviour from students.
-This may lead to more creativity from the teacher.
-Small class sizes may limit the scope for discussion and group work.

Hopefully that gives you a bit of a starting point!
Plenty of stuff out there on teacher attitudes toward the national curriculum. It's been going since '88 so there will be a good amount of research on its effectiveness on learning I would imagine.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Ah right I see.

So, for class sizes I would suggest:

-Large class sizes limit access to the teacher and limit activities (e.g. practicals in science).
-Students feel less valued if e.g. they don't have a proper desk space.
-Smaller class sizes allow teachers to spend more time one on one or with individuals.
-Smaller class sizes are likely to lead to better behaviour from students.
-This may lead to more creativity from the teacher.
-Small class sizes may limit the scope for discussion and group work.

Hopefully that gives you a bit of a starting point!

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending