The Student Room Group

Girls, I'm not going to complain about you wanting a guy taller than you, but...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
ayyyyy we're basically the same!

Hahaha yes we rlly are
Original post by ANM775
There was nothing wrong with stones imo.

When I was growing up everything regarding weight was referenced in stones.

I just feel like kilograms are better. The stone is calibrated against the kilogram. We measure most other things in kilograms now. It just makes sense to me.
Original post by ANM775
I think the double standard is that it's totally fine for a girl to reject a guy on the basis of his height (something he cannot change)

but if the guy rejects a girl on the basis that she is fat (aka unhealthy) then that is not ok and he is a shallow insensitive pr1ck for doing so

A girl being “fat” doesn’t necessarily always mean she is unhealthy. It can but it doesn’t have to mean that. But before you attack me, i agree it is shallow for a girl to reject someone who she would otherwise like based on his height, provided he is taller than her or at least the same height
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 164cm 55kg and I have a big belly that I cant seem to get rid off

What is your diet like?
Do you have abdominal discomfort or any allergies/food intolerances?
h = 6'0
m = 60-70kg
Reply 65
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
A girl being “fat” doesn’t necessarily always mean she is unhealthy. It can but it doesn’t have to mean that. But before you attack me, i agree it is shallow for a girl to reject someone who she would otherwise like based on his height, provided he is taller than her.

having excess fat (BMI >25) puts you at risk of all kids of negativities from cancer to heart disease to trouble conceiving

https://www.nhs.uk/news/obesity/being-overweight-not-just-obese-still-carries-serious-health-risks/
Haven’t weighed myself in years. Best decision I’ve ever made.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by Synergy~
Haven’t weighed myself in years. Best decision I’ve ever take.

PRSOM
Reply 68
Original post by LovelyMrFox
5'3, just weighed myself ( :rolleyes: ) and Im 102lbs. So bmi of 17.9.
Technically underweight but I am healthy and feel absolutely fine. I eat plenty.

Quite frankly I find your shaming of women with a bmi of under 18.5 gross. Just because someone is underweight does not mean they are doing it to attract men on dating sites, nor does it mean they have an eating disorder.

excuse me?

How am I shaming women with BMI's under 18.5?

The person In this thread was called Rufus. Last time I checked that was a male name. I simply told him to eat more as he was medically underweight. How is that "shaming"

nor Did I say he sad an eating disorder 🙄
Technically underweight but I am healthy and feel absolutely fine. I eat plenty.

Quite frankly I find your shaming of women with a bmi of under 18.5 gross. Just because someone is underweight does not mean they are doing it to attract men on dating sites, nor does it mean they have an eating disorder.

BMI is actually really inaccurate as well because it doesn’t distinguish between muscle, fat, bone density etc so there is no need to worry if you are being healthy :tongue:

I’ll tag @ANM775 here as well :smile:

Its obviously flawed because it doesn't know the mass of your bones, muscle mass, fat mass. Definitely not perfect.
Original post by ANM775
having excess fat (BMI >25) puts you at risk of all kids of negativities from cancer to heart disease to trouble conceiving

https://www.nhs.uk/news/obesity/being-overweight-not-just-obese-still-carries-serious-health-risks/

I literally said that being fat doesn’t ALWAYS mean unhealthy. People can be considered “fat” by others and still be healthy.
Reply 72
BMI is actually really inaccurate as well because it doesn’t distinguish between muscle, fat, bone density etc so there is no need to worry if you are being healthy :tongue:

I’ll tag @ANM775 here as well :smile:

I think it's accurate for the vast majority of women, as lets face it, very very few women build significant amounts of muscle.

can be less accurate for men though due to the fact some are lifters..
A girl being “fat” doesn’t necessarily always mean she is unhealthy. It can but it doesn’t have to mean that. But before you attack me, i agree it is shallow for a girl to reject someone who she would otherwise like based on his height, provided he is taller than her.

Different people are sexually attracted to different physical types, have their own concepts of beauty and adopt a variety of dating dealbreakers.
Girls who are overweight, very muscular or thicc are not everyone's type.
Nor are guys who are under 5 ft tall, weigh 300lbs (136kg) or are 50 years old.
It is often not a question of anyone being shallow, rather individuals deciding what type of sexual partner is wanted by them and their criteria for rejection.
I literally said that being fat doesn’t ALWAYS mean unhealthy. People can be considered “fat” by others and still be healthy.

"Healthy" is kind of arbitrary
Reply 75
Original post by ANM775
excuse me?

How am I shaming women with BMI's under 18.5?

The person In this thread was called Rufus. Last time I checked that was a male name. I simply told him to eat more as he was medically underweight. How is that "shaming"

nor Did I say he sad an eating disorder 🙄

Oops, completely misread what you said to Rufus. My apologies on that.
Original post by blackugo
"Healthy" is kind of arbitrary

Lol what?
Original post by Ray_Shadows
did u get rejected recently

Who hurt him
Original post by ANM775
I think it's accurate for the vast majority of women, as lets face it, very very few women build significant amounts of muscle.

The charts are different for men and women anyway so I don't think that makes a difference.
Original post by ANM775

Not true at all. Just because women don’t usually build as much muscle as men so it’s not usually as visible, it does not mean that it wouldn’t warp the results. It definitely would. And even if it didn’t, it doesn’t take into account any other factors such as bone mass and it also doesn’t have any differentiation for men and women

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending