The Student Room Group

deferring for engineering

i am applying for engineering at oxford, imperial, durham, bristol and sheffield. i am predicted 3A*s in maths, chem and physics. i dont feel ready for uni as corona has made my 6th form experience rubbish so i want a gap year. if u apply to defer are u less likely to get in? thanks :smile:
Original post by pjmcc11
i am applying for engineering at oxford, imperial, durham, bristol and sheffield. i am predicted 3A*s in maths, chem and physics. i dont feel ready for uni as corona has made my 6th form experience rubbish so i want a gap year. if u apply to defer are u less likely to get in? thanks :smile:

No but you could also consider applying next year with achieved grades.

If you have achieved 3 A*s you will be more likely to get offers than if they are predicted grades
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
No but you could also consider applying next year with achieved grades.

If you have achieved 3 A*s you will be more likely to get offers than if they are predicted grades

ik but theres no way i get 3 A*S lol
Original post by pjmcc11
ik but theres no way i get 3 A*S lol

You were the person who suggested 3 A*s - why on Earth are your school predicting you those grades if you have no chance of achieving them? Only apply to Oxford if you are very confident about achieving two A*s
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
You were the person who suggested 3 A*s - why on Earth are your school predicting you those grades if you have no chance of achieving them? Only apply to Oxford if you are very confident about achieving two A*s

schools give sunshine grades which go on ucas and our actual predictions. ofc theres a chance i get 3A*s but very slim. I wouldnt say im very confident but im sure i could get 2A*s and an A. also you can apply to oxford even if ur not very confident at getting 2A*s why not theres a chance and u have 5 choices so you may aswell
Original post by pjmcc11
schools give sunshine grades which go on ucas and our actual predictions. ofc theres a chance i get 3A*s but very slim. I wouldnt say im very confident but im sure i could get 2A*s and an A. also you can apply to oxford even if ur not very confident at getting 2A*s why not theres a chance and u have 5 choices so you may aswell

You can apply yes and you might even get an offer if you are predicted 2 or 3 A*s but remember you also have to get 2 A*s in the exams to get into Engineering at Oxford. It's not just about getting conditional offers but meeting the conditions in the exams
Reply 6
You can apply yes and you might even get an offer if you are predicted 2 or 3 A*s but remember you also have to get 2 A*s in the exams to get into Engineering at Oxford. It's not just about getting conditional offers but meeting the conditions in the exams

well obviously yeah im not that dumb

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending