The Student Room Group

Alevel English Literature corusework

I'm stuck on how to start my NEA wit my introductionMy books are The Bell Jar and the play, the Doll's HouseMy question is: To what extent do Plath and Ibsen use their work to criticise society's expectations of women?Can anyone help me out!! xx
Reply 1
Original post by locia123
I'm stuck on how to start my NEA wit my introductionMy books are The Bell Jar and the play, the Doll's HouseMy question is: To what extent do Plath and Ibsen use their work to criticise society's expectations of women?Can anyone help me out!! xx

When I did my coursework last year I started with:
‘Mark Twain’s ‘The adventures of huckleberry finn’ (1884) and Joseph Conrad’s ‘Heart of Darkness’ (1902) are both novels that...’

So you could start off like that and adjust it to fit your books. I then talked about context (how they are written at different times but the messages are still relevant in both). As the final sentence in the intro you could write something along the lines of ‘The writers both use _____(method/symbol etc.)____ to present the idea/theme of ______.’

Your intro should be brief but enticing.

Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by RAW2018
When I did my coursework last year I started with:
‘Mark Twain’s ‘The adventures of huckleberry finn’ (1884) and Joseph Conrad’s ‘Heart of Darkness’ (1902) are both novels that...’

So you could start off like that and adjust it to fit your books. I then talked about context (how they are written at different times but the messages are still relevant in both). As the final sentence in the intro you could write something along the lines of ‘The writers both use _____(method/symbol etc.)____ to present the idea/theme of ______.’

Your intro should be brief but enticing.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much that really helped!

Quick Reply

Latest