The Student Room Group

HELP physics and maths tutor detailed notes

shall i memorise the detailed notes for each topic , is it good enough to get 9's along with pratice q's and past paper
I would say that they are very useful however personally there are some things that my teacher has taught us ,which is important, that wasn't on there. So you need to have at least some knowledge from what you have learnt in class as well as using the notes from physics maths tutor.
Hope that helps!
Original post by Neurosciencenerd
I would say that they are very useful however personally there are some things that my teacher has taught us ,which is important, that wasn't on there. So you need to have at least some knowledge from what you have learnt in class as well as using the notes from physics maths tutor.
Hope that help

i havent got any previous notes and will take me months to make them so , is just getting preprepared notes from websites the way to go and ive had a supply teacher in yr 9 and yr 10 so most topics i haven't covered ...
Original post by Chumter
i havent got any previous notes and will take me months to make them so , is just getting preprepared notes from websites the way to go and ive had a supply teacher in yr 9 and yr 10 so most topics i haven't covered ...

Okay then physics maths tutor is probably the best to use. I normally use it to do the exam questions.
Okay then physics maths tutor is probably the best to use. I normally use it to do the exam questions.

would you also search through the spec to seem if they missed anything out ?

as i would want the higher end grades

(thanks btw :smile:)
Original post by Chumter
would you also search through the spec to seem if they missed anything out ?

as i would want the higher end grades

(thanks btw :smile:)

Absolutely no problem!
I have been using it since Year 9 and have achieved grade 9s in all my science exams and assessments.
Absolutely no problem!
I have been using it since Year 9 and have achieved grade 9s in all my science exams and assessments.

ok .... so

physics and maths tutor detailed notes and flashcards ....
(and check specification incase i missed anything )
and incorporate practice questions and practice papers

i know people rave about practice questions but how do you actually learn from them ? like is it like the format of the answer for the question or the answer for the question in case it comes up for exams , and how much practice questions do you normally do ?

(sorry for the spam , im just a bit confused :frown:)
Original post by Chumter
ok .... so

physics and maths tutor detailed notes and flashcards ....
(and check specification incase i missed anything )
and incorporate practice questions and practice papers

i know people rave about practice questions but how do you actually learn from them ? like is it like the format of the answer for the question or the answer for the question in case it comes up for exams , and how much practice questions do you normally do ?

Okay, that's fine!
Personally I am the type of student that understands like literally anything in a science topic but when you put it into actual context such as exam questions that's where I trip up. Exam practice papers help me because it makes me more used to the type of questions you are probably going to get in an exam and also it allows you to see what the examiner specifically wants you to mention to get those high grades. So honestly if my teacher told me to revise for my science exam i would normally ready through my notes specifically my key facts section, Cornell notes method, and then do an exam paper. once I establish those flaws I am able to then go back and revise on them.
Original post by Chumter

practise questions and past papers are the closest thing to the actual exam that you’ll find in terms of style of question - they’re useful to work through as the textbook/notes will teach you the concepts but not how to apply it in unfamiliar contexts like the practise papers do :smile:
What subject is this for?
Original post by laurawatt
practise questions and past papers are the closest thing to the actual exam that you’ll find in terms of style of question - they’re useful to work through as the textbook/notes will teach you the concepts but not how to apply it in unfamiliar contexts like the practise papers do :smile:
What subject is this for?

this is for science
Okay, that's fine!
Personally I am the type of student that understands like literally anything in a science topic but when you put it into actual context such as exam questions that's where I trip up. Exam practice papers help me because it makes me more used to the type of questions you are probably going to get in an exam and also it allows you to see what the examiner specifically wants you to mention to get those high grades. So honestly if my teacher told me to revise for my science exam i would normally ready through my notes specifically my key facts section, Cornell notes method, and then do an exam paper. once I establish those flaws I am able to then go back and revise on them.

do you find cornell notes to be really effective because ive heard great things about it ?
Cornell notes it's absolutely amazing! It's so effective. 20200921_162926-compressed.heic.jpeg
20200921_162917-compressed.heic.jpeg
20200921_162850-compressed.heic.jpeg
Cornell notes it's absolutely amazing! It's so effective. 20200921_162926-compressed.heic.jpeg
20200921_162917-compressed.heic.jpeg
20200921_162850-compressed.heic.jpeg

okay , it seems like a very easy method .but how long did it take you to do one sub-topic

as i have the whole of gcse science to cover :0 *dun dun dunn*
Original post by Chumter
okay , it seems like a very easy method .but how long did it take you to do one sub-topic

as i have the whole of gcse science to cover :0 *dun dun dunn*

Honestly I couldn't tell you the exact timings but around 2-3 weeks although some topics are really short such as Chemistry topic 8. We also haven't learnt any physics yet except from like the first 2 topics.
Honestly I couldn't tell you the exact timings but around 2-3 weeks although some topics are really short such as Chemistry topic 8. We also haven't learnt any physics yet except from like the first 2 topics.

Oh okay , although im revising by myself so i suppose i would make notes quicker than ill probably do in class .

so ill get started with my revision

Thanks btw :smile:
Original post by Chumter
Oh okay , although im revising by myself so i suppose i would make notes quicker than ill probably do in class .

so ill get started with my revision

Thanks btw :smile:

No problem!
If you need any help I'm here!
Good Luck!
Original post by Chumter
this is for science

I found the website seneca learning great for gcse science :smile:
Original post by laurawatt
I found the website seneca learning great for gcse science :smile:

i had a look on the website given by the school and it is good but i personally think its a little vague but great for revision and consolidating topics

Quick Reply

Latest