The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

lancaster timetable

does anyone study computer at Lancaster university? I will start my first year in two weeks and still haven't got my timetable! is this term online or has practical classes? TA
Original post by ncensinc
does anyone study computer at Lancaster university? I will start my first year in two weeks and still haven't got my timetable! is this term online or has practical classes? TA

Daughter does physics and hasnt had hers yet either, so your not alone.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Son is doing a Film and received his yesterday. Because all lectures are online, these don’t feature in the timetable so he only has two seminars and a workshop per week. He doesn’t know yet how many lectures per week.
my son hasn't received anything either for spanish and history.

Hi @ncensinc,

You can access your timetable via the Academic Hub on iLancaster, or on the Student Portal. However, they look very different this year and don't feature lectures, as these will be online. You can read more about these changes to timetabling on the article linked in the 'News' section of the Student Portal.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help!

Maria :smile:
2nd year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
Reply 5
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @ncensinc,

You can access your timetable via the Academic Hub on iLancaster, or on the Student Portal. However, they look very different this year and don't feature lectures, as these will be online. You can read more about these changes to timetabling on the article linked in the 'News' section of the Student Portal.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help!

Hi Maria, thanks for your reply. I've been told that timetable is available in student portal from Friday afternoon but when I check it, it says "There are no personal timetables available at this time"!!
Hi @ncensinc
I know a few students who have had this issue accessing it on the student portal. This happened to me but I was able to access it through the app ( I Lancaster ) and the academic hub section on there so maybe download it and give it a try? I think they are still working on the timetables and constantly updating them because of the current situation but hopefully you should be able to see yours soon !
Student ambassador Holly at Lancaster University
Reply 7
Hi @ncensinc
I know a few students who have had this issue accessing it on the student portal. This happened to me but I was able to access it through the app ( I Lancaster ) and the academic hub section on there so maybe download it and give it a try? I think they are still working on the timetables and constantly updating them because of the current situation but hopefully you should be able to see yours soon !
Student ambassador Holly at Lancaster University

Morning!
I have tried iLancaster as well as student portal for million times and there is no personal timetable available!!
Morning!
I have tried iLancaster as well as student portal for million times and there is no personal timetable available!!

Same not coming up for daughter either. just some dates highlighted when an assigment is due. no online lectures or labs or seminars
Morning!

Hi @ncensinc,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to access your timetable.

Timetables are only showing seminars at the minute, but due to the constantly evolving situation with lockdown restrictions, the university might be updating them or trying to change them. Last year, I didn't receive my full timetable until a few days into the term, due to the need to enrol as a student at the university properly and also select my minor subject. It might be because you are starting your first year.

The university has stated that there will be a 'blended learning' approach, so although all lectures should be online this term, they are trying to do a number of small group workshops and seminars in person. However, this may change due to the evolving situation.

I understand that this is probably very frustrating, but don't be stressed! You'll hopefully receive your timetable very soon.

Reply 10
Hi @ncensinc,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to access your timetable.

Timetables are only showing seminars at the minute, but due to the constantly evolving situation with lockdown restrictions, the university might be updating them or trying to change them. Last year, I didn't receive my full timetable until a few days into the term, due to the need to enrol as a student at the university properly and also select my minor subject. It might be because you are starting your first year.

The university has stated that there will be a 'blended learning' approach, so although all lectures should be online this term, they are trying to do a number of small group workshops and seminars in person. However, this may change due to the evolving situation.

I understand that this is probably very frustrating, but don't be stressed! You'll hopefully receive your timetable very soon.

Apparently I choose a wrong university and should start transfering to my insurance uni asap.
we found the timetable this way https://timetabling.lancaster.ac.uk/AcademicTimetable/Default.aspx and logged in and filtered by module. nothing is clickable, but it does say when and what week its on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending