The Student Room Group

Online college

What are the best online colleges in the UK?
Original post by Bennic18
What are the best online colleges in the UK?

How old are you?
To study what?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
How old are you?
To study what?

17 and preferably something assignment based like engineering
17 and preferably something assignment based like engineering

Are you willing to pay private school fees?
Reply 4
Are you willing to pay private school fees?

What like an enrolment cost? To pay for the course?
What like an enrolment cost? To pay for the course?

The course.
Have you left school?
I dont believe there are online colleges as you suggest you are better off finding an FE college or doing an apprenticeship.
Reply 6
The course.
Have you left school?
I dont believe there are online colleges as you suggest you are better off finding an FE college or doing an apprenticeship.

I’m in college rn but hate the environment and the social aspect of it so was wondering if I could do the a course online.
I’m in college rn but hate the environment and the social aspect of it so was wondering if I could do the a course online.

Unlikely.
Online courses become available when 19, but you have to take out loans for them.
Reply 8
Unlikely.
Online courses become available when 19, but you have to take out loans for them.

I am able to pay for them now I just don’t know what type of courses are available, I’d be looking for something like a level 3 diploma or a level extended diploma
I am able to pay for them now I just don’t know what type of courses are available, I’d be looking for something like a level 3 diploma or a level extended diploma

Theres an extended diploma in engineering, but doubt you will find a college that offer it online.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-nationals/engineering-2016.html#%2Ftab-ExtendedDiploma
Reply 10
Theres an extended diploma in engineering, but doubt you will find a college that offer it online.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-nationals/engineering-2016.html#%2Ftab-ExtendedDiploma

:/ thank you for your help though!
:/ thank you for your help though!

Are you wanting to go to uni?
You cna erither go academic to try and do a degree or go vocational with NVQ and try to get on one of those courses at college?
Reply 12
Are you wanting to go to uni?
You cna erither go academic to try and do a degree or go vocational with NVQ and try to get on one of those courses at college?

Nah I have always been going against uni unless it’s like a degree apprenticeship type thing where I get a degree on the side while working. I just don’t like the college setting, it’s not work content it’s the place and the people.
Nah I have always been going against uni unless it’s like a degree apprenticeship type thing where I get a degree on the side while working. I just don’t like the college setting, it’s not work content it’s the place and the people.

You will need qualifications for a degree apprenticeship and probably level 3 i.e A levels or btec.
Maybe start with a normal apprenticeship and work your way up?

https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
Reply 14
You will need qualifications for a degree apprenticeship and probably level 3 i.e A levels or btec.
Maybe start with a normal apprenticeship and work your way up?

https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship

I’ve looked for apprenticeships so much, just never seems to be any around especially in the areas I want to work haha, can’t win in life these days
I’ve looked for apprenticeships so much, just never seems to be any around especially in the areas I want to work haha, can’t win in life these days

You may have to travel.
You should also note that a lot of engineering companies advertise on their sites but it is competitive.
Reply 16
You may have to travel.
You should also note that a lot of engineering companies advertise on their sites but it is competitive.

I try to be as active as possible on their post and signed up for notifications on apprenticeships but like you said it’s very competitive, I don’t mind moving away, I want to in the future anyways so doing it now would suit me
I try to be as active as possible on their post and signed up for notifications on apprenticeships but like you said it’s very competitive, I don’t mind moving away, I want to in the future anyways so doing it now would suit me

You need to id what sort of apprenticeship you want and talk to careers to see what realistically might be open to you and what skills/ qualifications you will need.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending