The Student Room Group

predicted grades - year 13

anyone been affected my the whole coronavirus situation, which has led them to getting poor a-level predicted grades?

personally, we didn't have any mocks and have now got poor a-level predicted grades. they aren't really poor but they aren't the required grades for the courses I want to apply to.

Scroll to see replies

Talk to your teachers. Maybe if you commit to working much harder between now and half-term and showing better results, you might convince them you do have the potential to get higher grades, and they might raise your predictions.

Or, you can forget UCAS for now, again work harder and put in as much effort as you can to get the best grades you can, and either grab something in Clearing, or take a gap year and apply next year with achieved grades.
Original post by Raja12
anyone been affected my the whole coronavirus situation, which has led them to getting poor a-level predicted grades?

personally, we didn't have any mocks and have now got poor a-level predicted grades. they aren't really poor but they aren't the required grades for the courses I want to apply to.

I’m a uni student, but if you really try and put the effort in you can pull your grades up. Like when I was in year 12 I came out with 2Cs and 1E and in year 13 I managed to pull it up to 2Bs 1A and 1C. So you can do it and dw about it as long as you pull the grades up in year 13
In the same situation literally, and my course requires such high grades. I’m even struggling with my personal statement given I have 0 work experience or extra knowledge😭
you don't need work experience for unis!
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Talk to your teachers. Maybe if you commit to working much harder between now and half-term and showing better results, you might convince them you do have the potential to get higher grades, and they might raise your predictions.

Or, you can forget UCAS for now, again work harder and put in as much effort as you can to get the best grades you can, and either grab something in Clearing, or take a gap year and apply next year with achieved grades.

yep I will be taking a gap year hopefully. my predicted are AABC. I need A star AA for my course lol... Cambridge Land Economy
Reply 6
Original post by Sophie_jjk
I’m a uni student, but if you really try and put the effort in you can pull your grades up. Like when I was in year 12 I came out with 2Cs and 1E and in year 13 I managed to pull it up to 2Bs 1A and 1C. So you can do it and dw about it as long as you pull the grades up in year 13

I know that I can pull them up but its just that I don't want to take a gap year and want to go straight to uni... but these predicted are really holding me down
Reply 7
Original post by Panjsuce
In the same situation literally, and my course requires such high grades. I’m even struggling with my personal statement given I have 0 work experience or extra knowledge😭

just talk about extra curriculars and the books you have read... if you have lol
Reply 8
Original post by royalty1702
you don't need work experience for unis!

true but beneficial when talking about motivation for the course and reasons as to why u want to do it
Original post by Raja12
yep I will be taking a gap year hopefully. my predicted are AABC. I need A star AA for my course lol... Cambridge Land Economy

Drop the fourth subject.
No University wants more than three A levels, and you dont get any extra credit for doing more.
It may be that you are not able to give the top three subjects the right amount of work because of this other subject and without that, you could get the grades you need.
I got given mocks in the summer holidays
Original post by Raja12

Yeah, I'm quite disappointed honestly. I picked Maths, Physics and Chemistry for my A-levels and unfortunately did not do as well in chemistry as I hoped in year 12. Online learning really was not for me. Ive been given AAC for my Ucas predictions which completely ruins my ability to apply to 'top' universities. My school also sends of our applications in October so there isn't a chance for me to improve my grades as we don't have any exams till November.
Reply 12
Drop the fourth subject.
No University wants more than three A levels, and you dont get any extra credit for doing more.
It may be that you are not able to give the top three subjects the right amount of work because of this other subject and without that, you could get the grades you need.

oh its more of an as-level, its core maths lol
Reply 13
Original post by Banechann
Yeah, I'm quite disappointed honestly. I picked Maths, Physics and Chemistry for my A-levels and unfortunately did not do as well in chemistry as I hoped in year 12. Online learning really was not for me. Ive been given AAC for my Ucas predictions which completely ruins my ability to apply to 'top' universities. My school also sends of our applications in October so there isn't a chance for me to improve my grades as we don't have any exams till November.

sameeeee, they said we need to apply by 25th October for everyone....... when the actual deadline is 15th January
Reply 14
Original post by need urgent help
I got given mocks in the summer holidays

lucky bruh..... I worked so hard over lockdown and they just said that they aren't going to use anything from over the lockdown.......
Original post by Raja12
sameeeee, they said we need to apply by 25th October for everyone....... when the actual deadline is 15th January

Yeah I really don't get the whole apply by October 25th when we actually have till January 15th. We could still send the application through anytime between but nah, they don't want to do that do they. smh
Reply 16
Original post by Banechann
Yeah I really don't get the whole apply by October 25th when we actually have till January 15th. We could still send the application through anytime between but nah, they don't want to do that do they. smh

exactlyyyyy bruh this is too stressful.... cant wait to see the teachers faces on results day when I actually do get good grades.
Original post by Raja12
they said we need to apply by 25th October for everyone....... when the actual deadline is 15th January

Because a) they have to write/add references and teachers dont want to be doing that over Christmas, and b) it allows you to get it out of the way and actually concentrate on your A levels.
Original post by Raja12

i thought it was 15th october and im so scared for these predictions ugh idk anymore
Reply 19
Because a) they have to write/add references and teachers dont want to be doing that over Christmas, and b) it allows you to get it out of the way and actually concentrate on your A levels.

but isnt it a disadvantage at the same time, as students aren't able to increase the predicted grades, which they will be sending off to universities, potentially leading to gaining an offer from an even better university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending