The Student Room Group

How to talk to girls around the college campus?

How do I approach girls around the college campus and strike up a conversation without looking weird or embarrassing myself?

Scroll to see replies

This guy came up with me and said hi were kind of bored so can we sit with you guys and chat plus he was good looking and quite confident so you could try do the same
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
This guy came up with me and said hi were kind of bored so can we sit with you guys and chat plus he was good looking and quite confident so you could try do the same

I know it's alot about confidence. I think confidence is key
I know it's alot about confidence. I think confidence is key

Fake it till you make it. Act confident. This guy was chatting to us as if he knew us so just do that. Make a good convo x
Reply 4
Fake it till you make it. Act confident. This guy was chatting to us as if he knew us so just do that. Make a good convo x

I will try, what would you say would be a good conversation starter?
I guess asking there name?
Or what school they are from?
Reply 5
Someone replied to this thread and I can see the notification but when I click it I cant find it from @heyitsyaboy1
Reply 6
Someone replied to this thread and I can see the notification but when I click it I cant find it from @heyitsyaboy1

I am guessing it was deleted because I can't see it

I deleted it sorry. By giving you detailed advice I'm essentially helping you engage in premarital sex. Just be confident. Have a good one
Reply 8
Original post by heyitsyaboy1
I deleted it sorry. By giving you detailed advice I'm essentially helping you engage in premarital sex. Just be confident. Have a good one

I don't really get the part with premarital sex and you not wanting to give me details
I don't really get the part with premarital sex and you not wanting to give me details

My mistake. As i said build confidence and you'll be fine bro.
My mistake. As i said build confidence and you'll be fine bro.

So you think I should approach random girls?
I think me going up to a group of girls asking to sit with them might come across as a little....
awkward
So you think I should approach random girls?
I think me going up to a group of girls asking to sit with them might come across as a little....
awkward

If you want. Maybe if shes alone
If you want. Maybe if shes alone

You think it would be better if the girl is alone?
You think it would be better if the girl is alone?

coming from a girl, if the girl is completely alone, if a stranger comes up to her it’s usually scary (esp at night), just try and talk in a social setting firsy before one to one convos
bro let me tell u a trick, carry a bunch of books and walk in front of the girl/ girls and then drop the books, and say sorry, and then ask them for help, and say sorry about that, typical medical student day. and then say where you guys heading and start a conversation from there.
Original post by XDaJokerz
bro let me tell u a trick, carry a bunch of books and walk in front of the girl/ girls and then drop the books, and say sorry, and then ask them for help, and say sorry about that, typical medical student day. and then say where you guys heading and start a conversation from there.

Lol I think she will realise I am faking it lmao
coming from a girl, if the girl is completely alone, if a stranger comes up to her it’s usually scary (esp at night), just try and talk in a social setting firsy before one to one convos

But I am guessing you would find it weird if you were out with a group of girls and a guy asked if he could sit with you
How do I approach girls around the college campus and strike up a conversation without looking weird or embarrassing myself?

As them good people at NIKE say, "Just do it".

Assuming you're a fresher at University, remember everyone is in the same boat... they'll all be nervous, in a strange environment, and wanting to fit in.

Just open with a smile and a simple "Hey, how's it going?"... wait for their response and comment on that. Can always ask what they're studying, where they're from original or what halls they're in. If you fancy them, compliment them in a non-sleazy way (e.g. comment on their outfit).

Not sure where you got that from... there's no mention of his intentions :lol:

Agree with this.

The type of girls you want to approach tend to be in groups of 2-3 (it's better if you've got a mate with you as well). Also avoid very large groups of girls... they will eat you alive and s*** out the remains.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Old Skool Freak

Assuming you're a fresher at University, remember everyone is in the same boat... they'll all be nervous, in a strange environment, and wanting to fit in.

Just open with a smile and a simple "Hey, how's it going?"... wait for their response and comment on that. Can always ask what they're studying, where they're from original or what halls they're in. If you fancy them, compliment them in a non-sleazy way (e.g. comment on their outfit).

Agree with this.

The type of girls you want to approach tend to be in groups of 2-3 (it's better if you've got a mate with you as well). Also avoid very large groups of girls... they will eat you alive and s*** out the remains.

I know. But speaking->date->relationship->sex
Original post by Old Skool Freak

Agree with this.

What do you mean they will eat me alive lmao😂
I think saying "how is it going" sounds like I know them, is that a good thing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending