The Student Room Group

Joining societies in third year

I really regret not joining any societies, and now I'm in my final year, I really wanted to have joined at least 1 by the time I graduate. As the socials and meet ups aren't happening normally at the moment, I am kind of stressed that I won't be able to make any new friends!

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions of what I should do, it would be really appreciated!!
Reply 1
Not sure what your uni is doing but as a committee member of two societies in my uni we're doing meet ups online. Still meeting new people, just not face to face. Hope this helps, this year really is a kick in the teeth so hope things work out!
Original post by Anonymous
I really regret not joining any societies, and now I'm in my final year, I really wanted to have joined at least 1 by the time I graduate. As the socials and meet ups aren't happening normally at the moment, I am kind of stressed that I won't be able to make any new friends!

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions of what I should do, it would be really appreciated!!

Many if not all societies will have Facebook pages as they facilitate communications amongst members. Seek those pages out and join a few for a start.

Hiya!

I definitely recommend making the most of your final year and trying to join a society as it's a great way to meet new friends at uni and to do the things you enjoy. You should receive an email or some information about a freshers fayre or a societies fayre (which will most likely be virtual) where you can find out lots of information about all your university's societies. For those that you're interested in, they should be doing virtual meet ups and have made group chats (like on Facebook) where information specific to that society can be posted. I know some sports societies have pencilled in their training dates in hope that meet ups and training can start to happen at some point (fingers crossed!).

Have the best time at uni! Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Hey,

Definitely join a society, even though it may be online the society may still have virtual events happening, and group chats where you can meet new people with similar interests as you.

All the best!

Zaira :smile:
It's better late than never. Even for 1 term it is worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending