The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

If you eat meat you are part of this problem. Go Vegan!

Read this:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tesco-sainsburys-lidl-chickens-die-22720227

Meat eaters are part of the system that necessitates this kind of evil treatment of animals. If you care about animals, stop eating them! If you claim to love animals but eat some species of animals that makes you a hypocrite and speciesist!

Go Vegan! :woo: Save the animals. Save these poor chickens by giving up eating them, so Tesco and Lidl and the other big supermarkets will stop created so many poor chickens who are treated like this!

Every person makes a difference so don’t not take action because you think one person won’t make a difference because it will! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

i just had 2 delicious chicken kievs.... :chicken: = :drool:
Proud to pay someone to exploit and kill an animal for food when you have plant-based alternatives available?
Yeah, well, I shop at Waitrose. So you can exclude me from this.
Your ethics have gone too far, as long as I'm an omnivore and eating meat is an easy source of nutrition and protein I'll continue eating meat.

I have no problem getting my meat ethically though, but that's as far as I go.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by the bear
i just had 2 delicious chicken kievs.... :chicken: = :drool:

Did you even read the article?

here’s the first paragraph:
“The misery of our 'Franken-chickens' has been exposed in an undercover investigation by Open Cages - as birds reared by supermarket firms end their days deformed and in pain
this is barbaric. Anyone who is okay with this needs to have their heads examined.
stop trying to force your beliefs onto other people.
if you're vegan, that's fine.
but don't try and force other people to be vegan too
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
stop trying to force your beliefs onto other people.
if you're vegan, that's fine.
but don't try and force other people to be vegan too

How am I forcing everyone to go vegan? :confusing:

Forcing is me blackmailing them to do something under some kind of threat of me murdering them. Me posting an article about what happens to these poor chickens and encouraging people to reevaluate their dietary habits is hardly forcing. :rolleyes:
I love animals

Spoiler

Reply 9
Nah, my chicken sandwich I just had was too tasty :colone:
Original post by boulderingislife

“The misery of our 'Franken-chickens' has been exposed in an undercover investigation by Open Cages - as birds reared by supermarket firms end their days deformed and in pain
this is barbaric. Anyone who is okay with this needs to have their heads examined.

I'm not ok with torturing animals, which is why I don't buy eggs that come from caged chickens.

i would not bother reading anything in the Mirrurgh... it is designed for Labor Voters.
Original post by the bear
i would not bother reading anything in the Mirrurgh... it is designed for Labor Voters.

So you just came here to say: “Mmm, I love eating chickens” :colonhash: - delightful.
How am I forcing everyone to go vegan? :confusing:

Forcing is me blackmailing them to do something under some kind of threat of me murdering them. Me posting an article about what happens to these poor chickens and encouraging people to reevaluate their dietary habits is hardly forcing. :rolleyes:

It's basically emotional blackmailing since you are trying to guilt trip people🤷
Read this:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tesco-sainsburys-lidl-chickens-die-22720227

Meat eaters are part of the system that necessitates this kind of evil treatment of animals. If you care about animals, stop eating them! If you claim to love animals but eat some species of animals that makes you a hypocrite and speciesist!

Go Vegan! :woo: Save the animals. Save these poor chickens by giving up eating them, so Tesco and Lidl and the other big supermarkets will stop created so many poor chickens who are treated like this!

Every person makes a difference so don’t not take action because you think one person won’t make a difference because it will! :smile:

Ask the animal kingdom to go vegan, then I might consider it.
Original post by Cloudiii
I love animals

Spoiler

Bit of a psychopathic thing to say lol
Original post by onceuponatime1
Proud to pay someone to exploit and kill an animal for food when you have plant-based alternatives available?

Does it make it any better if I kill and butcher my own animals sometimes?
Reply 17
I am fine to acknowledge the fact that I am specieist. I won't try to argue that eating plants makes you specieist too because I know the response to that anyway, nor do I care for trying to attack you. I agree that the way some places treat animals is brutal and wrong, but not eating meat is silly. the problem is how we treat them, not eating them. I just eat meat which has had as much of a chance to live as any other wild animal (basically it wasn't born and raised in a 1ftx1ft area of walking space).
feel free to eat what you want. I won't shove meat down your throat because you are built as an omnivore. I am not a poacher, criminal, or a right **** ( I hope😅). but yeah. don't try to say there is only one path to a better world.
So you just came here to say: “Mmm, I love eating chickens” :colonhash: - delightful.

this from someone who says

"I love the lockdown! It’s awesome! Should become the new norm! "

:colonhash: - delightful
Original post by howtochangename
Ask the animal kingdom to go vegan, then I might consider it.

Humans have a greater intellect than all other animals, and so we are able to make rational and conscious decisions. In the animal kingdom, they have fewer alternatives. As humans, we have morals and are able to abide by an ethical standard. We are in a position where we do not need to kill animals for food, since we have enough plant-based alternatives available. To suggest that other animals kill other animals and so it is right for us to do it is not a just argument, since we are of a greater intellect than the animal kingdom, and so we can make the conscious choice of doing the right thing.

Latest

Trending

Trending