The Student Room Group

Young blackbird half alive

Just came home and saw a group of magpies surrounding something. I thought it was a small toy until I saw they were pecking a juvenile blackbird. I shooed them away and took a look at the blackbird and noticed the head was bleeding. It’s really weak at the moment. What do I do?
Ps I never knew magpies were this criminal
Reply 1
Is it alive?
Look up and call your nearest bird sanctuary. They may be willing to take it.
I will try thanks

Spoiler

Awhh :cry:

Thank you, you blackbird superhero! :hugs:
Reply 5
Original post by DiddyDec

Dec... :redface:
Try water with lots of sugar in it to give it energy.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Dec... :redface:

Yes?
Reply 8
Yes?

Its a baby blackbird. Have some empathy :lol:
(edited 3 years ago)

😂😂
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Its a baby blackbird. Have some empathy.

That just makes it easier :h:
Reply 11
Well it's probably had it. Bird sanctuaries or vets are unlikely to make the effort - they might have higher priorities than a wild blackbird.

And yeah the world of birds is no fun and games. I once saw a hawk land in my back garden, pin a small bird down with its talon, then the hawk plucked the bird's feathers and eviscerated it with its beak.
What happens to it? I know this is 2 days ago but this is actually quite sad.
I called the sanctuary and like one of you said, they liked to help but if the bird has already seen so much damage then it was best to leave it.
So I made a small grass nest in my garden and put some flowers around it and I stroked it. I then left and I was planning to come back real quick but I saw a a magpie with something long in its beak. I checked the garden and it was gone.
I don’t want to come to this conclusion but that long thing in the magpies beach could have been the blackbirds intestine

PRSOM
Original post by ArtmisKco
I called the sanctuary and like one of you said, they liked to help but if the bird has already seen so much damage then it was best to leave it.
So I made a small grass nest in my garden and put some flowers around it and I stroked it. I then left and I was planning to come back real quick but I saw a a magpie with something long in its beak. I checked the garden and it was gone.
I don’t want to come to this conclusion but that long thing in the magpies beach could have been the blackbirds intestine

More than likely, nature is ****ing brutal.
Reply 16

Oh well, at least you tried :hugs:

omg im dying rn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending